They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

skipping, freezing and stuttering...

Discussions concerning Premiere Elements version 1 - 4.

skipping, freezing and stuttering...

Postby Bob D » Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:41 am

I've never had this problem before and I'm sure I've read about it here, but I never captured the possible solutions.

Here is my problem. I've created a 13 minute project in PE4. It consists of 119 stills (all rezzed appropriately) and 2 short segments of video. I've had some issues getting the project to consistently burn to disk or folder, but that's not my main problem. I have successfully burned to both although it seems hit or miss. If I keep trying it will work.

Here is where I'm at. I burned to disk and evrything looks the way I want it.

I burned to folder last night. I then used PGCEdit to modify so that an intro clip could be used. I've done this before and it has been successful. I then used Nero to DVD-ROM a Video-DVD. I also am including the stills in a separate folder during the burn from Nero. I've done this successfully before as well. It is a nice feature in order to deliver the stills along with the DVD.

After burning from Nero it does a "verify of data". It started to log a bunch of bad sectors. It was getting to my bedtime, so I grabbed the disk this morning to play here at work. While watching it the intro clip plays fine, the main menu comes up and plays fine. When I play the DVD about 2-3 minutes into it the music and motions stop, stutter, freezes, etc.

I will try reburning to folder tonight and not use PGCEdit to see if that isolates anything, but wonder if there are other ideas.

Bob D
Gateway DX4860 i5-2300 2.80GHz; 6GB Ram; Windows 7 Home 64-bit; 1.5 TB C-Drive, 150G F-Drive(video)
Bob D
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: skipping, freezing and stuttering...

Postby Ron » Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:46 am

I know this sounds like a simple answer, but it sounds like a bad disc to me. Possibly a dirty disc? What kind of media are you using?

You could probably verify that by playing the folder on your hard disc with a software player.

BTW, I've never used "verify written data" with Nero before - it's like buying an extended warranty... hoping that it will break so you can use it.
Regards,
-Ron

Dell, Win10 Pro, Intel Core i7-6700 CPU @3.4GhHz, 8GB ram. 64-bit
Ron
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Bob D » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:19 am

Good point Ron. It is an old Office Depot 4X DVD+RW disk. I did look at it and it definetly has seen better days. I think I have some other RW disks I can try.

As for the verify data, I tried to unclick the box before it would start to burn and it didn't allow me the chance. It was late and I probably have it set somewhere in a preference. Although, in this case, it was nice to see, because it did highlight to me that I have a potential problem with the burn.

Thanks.
Gateway DX4860 i5-2300 2.80GHz; 6GB Ram; Windows 7 Home 64-bit; 1.5 TB C-Drive, 150G F-Drive(video)
Bob D
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Bob D » Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:00 pm

Ron, you were spot on. I used a fresher disk and experienced no problems.

Thanks!
Bob D
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Chuck Engels » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:25 pm

Yeah Ron :) =D> :-5
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Prior Versions