They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Importing Fonts

Discussions concerning Premiere Elements version 1 - 4.

Importing Fonts

Postby slushparlor1 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:26 pm

Hi everyone,
I'm looking for some Christmas fonts. I'd like you use some in my Year in Review Video. My question is..... Can you import additional fonts into Elements? Does anyone know any good sites for fonts?
Do you think it's better to use one font throughout my presentation or a variety? I use titles that describe an event (Theresa's Birthday, Fun Run 2011). What do you think?

And finally (and I know this is really a user preference but what font do you personally use that you think is great!

Thanks!!!!
slushparlor1
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Importing Fonts

Postby Peru » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:50 pm

slushparlor1 wrote:Hi everyone,
Can you import additional fonts into Elements?

Fonts are installed in Windows. An application like Pre El accesses them from the system.

You might try Google for free fonts:
https://www.google.com/search?aq=f&sour ... tmas+fonts
Peru

Postby slushparlor1 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:17 pm

Thank you! I had never done that before. And in case there is anyone else that has not done this. Just go to the site that Peru mentioned (or another free font site). Download the font to where your operating system fonts are (in most cases c:\windows\fonts) and then open the font file with winzip or another program. You must logout of PE and log back in to see the fonts.

Theresa
slushparlor1
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby momoffduty » Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:20 pm

slushparlor1 wrote:Do you think it's better to use one font throughout my presentation or a variety? I use titles that describe an event (Theresa's Birthday, Fun Run 2011). What do you think?

And finally (and I know this is really a user preference but what font do you personally use that you think is great!

My general rule is to use one font per slideshow segment. I may change the color of the font or the small title shape that is behind the font.

If you want sections to stand out with special graphics for the occasion then changing the font to fit the event would be okay. Personal preference really. The goal is not to have things too disconnected.

A few fonts I like:
Adobe Garamond Pro
Trajon Pro
Gabrielle - a script font found online
Bickham Script Pro
Daniel Black - for handwriting and found online (Private Practice font)
Bradley Hand ITC - for handwriting
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Return to Prior Versions