They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Buy The Newest Version Now

Discussions concerning Premiere Elements version 1 - 4.

Re: Buy The Newest Version Now

Postby Chuck Engels » Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:57 pm

Sorry Helen, I only have the UK, Canada and USA stores set up.
Not sure what shipping would be from any of them, can you get the software from your local source?
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Helen » Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:48 pm

Chuck, yes I can get the software from my local supplier. Thanks anyway.
Helen :)
Helen
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby larryjd1 » Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:33 am

Thanks for all of the great information so far.

Does anybody know if they will be making a ttrial download available on the release date? Has the trial traditionally been available with the release?

I will probably buy the upgrade (using the muvipix link), but the price isn't getting any cheaper soon, and if you can see it first ...

Plus one bummer thing about buying from Amazon is that you have to use the rebate coupon to get the $30 vs. paying the net at Adobe plus tax. With all of their claims of not being responsible for lost submissions, etc., it's not always a sure thing.

Thanks

Larry
larryjd1
New User
New User

Postby Paul LS » Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:00 pm

In the past the trial has been available a little after the release date... at least a few weeks after.
Paul LS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby mark hansen » Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:33 pm

Sorry, I have another question regarding what is available. I see on the resource page - to Amazon its available for $109.99 --- I want to make sure those are full versions and not upgrades.

Currently I only have PE3 without PSE5. If those are upgrade versions, I assume I won't get PSE6 since I can't upgrade from what I don't have.

Are they full versions?

Along those same lines, if they are full versions, I assume I can take off PE3 and legally give it, and the PE3 reg number, to a friend since I will be taking it off my PC, if I do that. PE4, won't rely on the reg number from PE3.

Am I thinking about all this correctly?
mark hansen
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:27 am

All versions are full versions, Mark. Technically, Premiere Elements never issues an "upgrade" that depends on the existence of a previous version of the software on your machine. The "upgrade" is actually just a price break for registered users.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby larryjd1 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:07 pm

Mark,

Your PE3 qualifies for the bundle upgrade price (which is why it is higher than teh cost of upgrading just PE by itself.)

Here is what is on the Adobe.com upgrade eligibility page:

To be eligible for this upgrade price and to install the upgrade software successfully, you must own a previous licensed version of the Adobe Photoshop Elements plus Adobe Premiere Elements bundle, Adobe Photoshop Elements, Photoshop Album, Photoshop LE, Adobe PhotoDeluxe®, or Adobe Premiere Elements.

Of course, you could always elect to pay the full price and still sell the PE3 so long as you were getting more than $30 dollars for it, it would be the better financially for you.

Larry
larryjd1
New User
New User

Postby larryjd1 » Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:07 pm

OK. All of the problem solving has worn my resistance down. Plus, the price at Amazon just dropped $5 as well, leaving a net price of $104.99 after the $30 rebate. (And, of course, I used the muvipix link on the resources page.)

The fact that they rolled back the forums shows that they aren't blind to what customers say, and took stength on somebody's part to make that decision and go back. I don't expect software to be perfect out of the gate, but I am not used to vendors who don't patch their software when necessary rather han this scheduled annual upgrade. I would have liked some public statement to the fact that they will correct any issues in upcoming patches, but I'll take a chance on Steve's phone conversations showing that intent. Anyway, at least till my 30 day return policy expires.

I look forward to contributing on the PE4 front in the near future.
larryjd1
New User
New User

Postby JRjr » Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:38 pm

After cancelling the Suite from Adobe after all the bad press, and now that I see things starting to look up, plus the above post informing us that Amazon is offering it all for $104 after $30 rebate, I went ahead and plunged in, again.

I went to Amazon and printed out the Rebate Form, only to discover that it's got NOT VALID FOR REDEMPTION all over it. Called Amazon and they didn't understand that either, so I cancelled and came back here to post. But, I did see on this topic from some days back that the Rebate form is actually found in the box.

I went to Resources on this site, and in to Amazon and ordered that way. I understand it helps muvipix if we use their "portal" (if that's the right word), but I'm curious as to how that works. How does muvipix benefit from my entering from here, rather than directly to Amazon, as I usually do.

But, if it helps then I'm glad I learned I could do it this way. I'm all ears.

JRjr
JRjr

Postby larryjd1 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:05 am

JRjr,

Adobe doesn't have upgrade versions of their software. All of their boxes come with the upgrade rebate form in the box. YOu might have missed it, but the amazon page shows this about the rebate:
Rebate offer: Receive $30.00 from Adobe with this in-box mail-in rebate.

As far as the benefit to using the muvipix link, they'll either get a small percentage or flat fee for the referral depending upon their agreement with Amazon. It won't be a lot on its own, but multiply it many times and hopefully it helps them keep the site running.
larryjd1
New User
New User

Postby JRjr » Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:45 am

Rebate offer: Receive $30.00 from Adobe with this in-box mail-in rebate.

Yes I managed to miss this somehow... must have been later last night than I thought. #-o

As for the Amazon/muvipix connection, seems like a good thing for us here to do... order through this site.

Thanks for your response.

JRjr
JRjr

Postby Chuck Engels » Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:32 am

The Amazon agreement varies depending on total sales for the month and type of item sold.
Software usually runs between 5 and 7 percent and does help to support chuckengels.com and keeps videoinasnap.com alive.

At some time we will move everything over here and videoinasnap.com will go away, then we will change the Amazon agreement to Muvipix and purchases will help support this site.
Since Muvipix opened the sales have gone way down so we are only getting minimum percentages this year. The commissions have never been anything outstanding but they have been enough to pay for the hosting on Yahoo ($42.90 per month total for both sites). Thank you all for the continued support, everything helps :)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Chuck Engels » Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:02 pm

Here are a couple of quick links, thanks to everyone that has purchased the new software using the links here at muvipix and chuckengels.com :)

Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Ron » Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:16 pm

Fixed that for ya' :cool:
Regards,
-Ron

Dell, Win10 Pro, Intel Core i7-6700 CPU @3.4GhHz, 8GB ram. 64-bit
Ron
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Chuck Engels » Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:24 pm

I tried and the text links where the best I could come up with, still can't figure out how you got the image links to work 8-[
That's why you are the Ron Man \:D/

Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Prior Versions