They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Problems downloading tutorial files

Feedback, problems or suggestions related to our entire website.

Problems downloading tutorial files

Postby SG865 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:53 pm

I'm experiencing very inconsistent results downloading and opening the zip files for the tutorials. A few have been successful, but mostly I receive the message "Windows cannot open the folder. The compressed (zipped) folder is invalid." I'm using Windows 7, 64 bit version, in case that makes a difference. Do you have suggestions? Thanks for any help.
SG865
New User
New User

Re: Problems downloading tutorial files

Postby Chuck Engels » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:36 pm

Hi SG, Welcome to Muvipix :wcm:

In most cases it is a matter of the internet connection that can cause these kinds of problems.
Downloading during off peak hours can sometimes help. The files are very large and if the internet connection is interrupted at all during download it can corrupt the zip file. Who is your internet provider and what type of internet service do you have?

If you download the same file more than once and you are still not able to open it please let us know what file it is and we will check it.
Sometimes our uploads can get corrupted and we don't know about it until someone reports the problem to us.
There are 100's of downloads here every day and we almost never get a complaint about issues with the files, but sometimes it does happen.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to muvipix.com Suggestions