They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Locating the newest downloads

Feedback, problems or suggestions related to our entire website.

Locating the newest downloads

Postby Matthew Max » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:55 pm

Hey, Ron, how do I locate just the newest downloadable music or video clips so I can have fun looking them over? I'm not expecting new music right now, but I have wondered how to do this for a long time. I was trying to find the newest video clips.
Matthew Max
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: Locating the newest downloads

Postby Chuck Engels » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:30 pm

Hi Matthew

On this page http://muvipix.com/products.php and all sub pages/categories you will see the "new" flashing below the new additions.

Always be sure to check the Free Stuff too !!
http://muvipix.com/products.php?subcat_id=40
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Matthew Max » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:21 am

I guess I need glasses. I was all over the "new" pages and the the "new" couldn't be more obvious. I thought they always said "new".

Thanks.
Matthew Max
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Jayell » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:00 am

Matthew Max wrote: I thought they always said "new".Thanks.

I don't understand when the 'new' button goes away .. but it seems like after this last batch was presented, I did see several 'not so new' stuff that still had the 'new' notation.
HP Envy Desktop 795-0040xt / Win 10 Home/ Intel Core i7-8700 / 32GB memory / NVidia GeForce GTS 1060 3G
Jayell
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Ron » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:12 am

Jayell wrote:
Matthew Max wrote: I thought they always said "new".Thanks.

I don't understand when the 'new' button goes away .. but it seems like after this last batch was presented, I did see several 'not so new' stuff that still had the 'new' notation.

This depends. Usually, the new disappears if new items are uploaded. If it's within a month or so, I leave the 'new' icon.

ie, You won't see a 'new' icon for anything older than [edit] Feb 2011 (for a reference).

I never thought that this would be an issue :-k
Regards,
-Ron

Dell, Win10 Pro, Intel Core i7-6700 CPU @3.4GhHz, 8GB ram. 64-bit
Ron
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Matthew Max » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:25 am

I don't know what "as a reference" means. But I see "new" on the fourth page of the video and other downloads that date to Jan 5. The reason this matters a little bit is that some of us like to know what we need to see. Otherwise we end up watching the same items over and then realizing we already saw them. Is this a big deal? No. I love Muvipix.

But------if there is any new music, I really, really do want to be able to find it without going through the others again. I already go through them repeatedly, but I wouldn't want to in order to find a truly new one. Maybe we just need a sort option for the date. I don't know. I wish I could think of more things to gripe about, since I'm on a roll, you know. Can anyone else think of something to gripe about. I'll be happy to join the clamor.

Back to my Golden Gate Bridge video.
Matthew Max
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Ron » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:10 am

OK, you got me, I should've looked at my dates first :)

I left the January 'new' icons because that wasn't really a new upload batch, just some minor additions - hard to explain. There is a method to my madness, trust me.

I believe that part of the problem is: we always have new stuff out there (there's never a time when the 'new' icons don't exist at all). So, I'm sure it appears that the 'new' icons are just always there and don't mean much to a frequent visitor.

New uploads are indicated by the triangle at the bottom left corner of the site (less the forum), the "What's New" announcement section of the forum, and the text (upper right) directly below the PayPal logo.

Sorting by date?... I can look into that.
Regards,
-Ron

Dell, Win10 Pro, Intel Core i7-6700 CPU @3.4GhHz, 8GB ram. 64-bit
Ron
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Jayell » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:25 pm

Matthew Max wrote: The reason this matters a little bit is that some of us like to know what we need to see. Otherwise we end up watching the same items over and then realizing we already saw them. Is this a big deal? No. I love Muvipix.

I agree. No big deal .. we just want you to know we're paying attention, Ron. :-D
HP Envy Desktop 795-0040xt / Win 10 Home/ Intel Core i7-8700 / 32GB memory / NVidia GeForce GTS 1060 3G
Jayell
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Return to muvipix.com Suggestions