They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Unable to download United Kingdom Background

Feedback, problems or suggestions related to our entire website.

Unable to download United Kingdom Background

Postby artcart » Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:15 pm

Hi Ron,

I am unable to download the United Kingdom Background waving flag. At 17.4 MB it just stops. I have tried several times and it does not matter how long I wait it never gets past 17.4. I have tried a few of the others and they all download perfectly.

When you have a moment could you check that file and see if there is some reason I am having difficulty with it.

Thanks

Art
artcart

Re: Unable to download United Kingdom Background

Postby Ron » Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:03 pm

Hi Art,

I'm assuming that you're using Firefox to download? I'm having a similar issue and don't know what the problem is at this moment. I used Internet Explorer and it downloaded fine. Try that for now and let me know if that works for you.

Anyone else having download issues? If so, any details you can provide would be beneficial. One of our servers were recently attacked by hackers and we may have unresolved/unknown issues concerning the downloads area.
Regards,
-Ron

Dell, Win10 Pro, Intel Core i7-6700 CPU @3.4GhHz, 8GB ram. 64-bit
Ron
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby artcart » Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:26 pm

Right on all counts, Ron. I am using Firefox and normally do not experience a problem. I tried Internet Explorer and it worked like it should so I have what I need. As I said it seems to be limited to that one file although I have not tried them all, just some at random.

Thanks for your help and I will try to keep that in mind in the future if it ever happens again.

Art
artcart

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:23 am

artcart wrote:...... I am using Firefox and normally do not experience a problem. I tried Internet Explorer and it worked like it should

Some many months ago I had a similar problem. Anything I tried to download with FF just didn't seem to work (I have ReGet as my file download manager). With IE (seven in my case) everything works perfectly. Having an IE based workaround, I haven't used FF on the site for downloads since then. I just assumed it was something odd on my PC and havimg to use IE really doesn't bother me.
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby Ron » Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:14 am

Yes, but the question is, why? It's got me baffled. When I first tried it, I could download to about 17MB as well (the file size is 25.9MB). I re-uploaded the file and now it stops at about 8MB. I can download everything else that I've tried.

I guess there's just no explanation for some things :drunken:

Edit: Well, I had to upload that particular file at a slower speed and it seems to work OK now. I guess it's similar to the theory of burning your disks at a slower speed? I still don't get it, though. We upload Gigabytes of data and rarely have issues.
Regards,
-Ron

Dell, Win10 Pro, Intel Core i7-6700 CPU @3.4GhHz, 8GB ram. 64-bit
Ron
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby artcart » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:28 am

Thanks, Ron, it is working perfectly now. I know you have lots more important things to worry about but it is so nice to know that the small things are looked after as well.

Art
artcart

Return to muvipix.com Suggestions