They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

What can we do better?

Feedback, problems or suggestions related to our entire website.

Re: What can we do better?

Postby Maxine370 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:09 am

How about presets? I don't know how it works in Elements since I do most of my work in Pro but you can import prests that work much like the ones that come with the product (fast blur in, mosaic in, etc.) In CS4 you can even combine effects and save the preset. Does Elements now allow the combining and saving of presets? Even if it is just a single effect preset I'm sure some of the folks would love more of these presets to import and use in their work.

ps...see I'm still coming by about once a day ...and inputting as much as I have time for.
Happy Editing,

Beth
Maxine370
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby momoffduty » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:46 am

Helen, great suggestion on more DVD templates. I got a lot of compliments on the Muvipix Christmas one.

Beth, also a great suggestion on the presets. And good to see you!
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby Bob D » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:35 pm

I would second, or maybe thirds, the preset idea.

Bob D
Gateway DX4860 i5-2300 2.80GHz; 6GB Ram; Windows 7 Home 64-bit; 1.5 TB C-Drive, 150G F-Drive(video)
Bob D
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Jayell » Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:14 pm

Wow .. you guys have provided so many products, resources, training, tips, help! The only thing I can think of is if you could possibly predict what problems I'm about to run into and guide me toward the solutions before I need them. :lol: :lol: .. but then you've done a lot of that too!
Jayell
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby ed » Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:29 pm

I would like to see mom post a dog video in the Showcase topic, as I request from her about 8 months ago.
ed
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby momoffduty » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:40 pm

ed wrote:I would like to see mom post a dog video in the Showcase topic, as I request from her about 8 months ago.

:CS:
I need one more clip of the grandpuppy.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby ridon127 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:25 pm

perhaps some graduation motion backgrounds for preschool? you guys do so much. thanks for everything!!!!
Go out and make it a great day. The choice is yours!
Donna
ridon127
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby karri » Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:52 am

I agree with George Tyndall, those motion backgrounds are breath taking. Steve, what program/s do you use to create those?
karri
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:42 am

We create some of the motion backgrounds in After Effects, but many we purchase for redistribution as our Muvipix products.

They are amazing, aren't they!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Bob D » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:57 am

I'm not sure how to make this suggestion, but it seems there are more than a couple of threads active around HD and the direction of the videography. I guess I would like to see something around what it takes to do HD work e.g. computer specs, good/bad software, new types of cameras (flip, AVCHD, phone cameras, etc), file formats H.264, MPEG-4, etc). This may be tutorial, or specific topic areas for discussion, white papers, etc.

Bob D
Gateway DX4860 i5-2300 2.80GHz; 6GB Ram; Windows 7 Home 64-bit; 1.5 TB C-Drive, 150G F-Drive(video)
Bob D
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:50 am

Excellent suggestions, Bob!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby chooks » Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:38 pm

Music would be my #1 feature, so more music would get me excited :)
followed closely by the tutorials on using PE, but I think we have the more basic tasks covered. Extra Tutorials on more advanced tecniques would be good.

After doing a few movies in PE, I have found myself thirsty for new things to add to my projects. I have since purchased bluff titler & fantamorph, and still on the prowl. Perhaps tutorials showing ways to branch out, and not blow the budget :) .

The forum is great, I am still digging around and finding good info here.
chooks
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby tjodork » Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:21 am

Full-blown tutorials -where you provide all the pieces, (i.e. pictures, video clips and instructions) and the final project file.
So based on the instructions someone could assemble, edit, apply effects, etc (whatever is being taught) and compare their final product to an expected actual output. Then when questions arose, they could compare their created project file with the "instructor's" project file to help understand where they were going wrong.
To me its very nice to be able to check my work against the "right answer". I realize that there is multiple versions of Premiere Elements but wondering if this was done with an earlier version if it would work with later versions.
Just a thought.
tjodork
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Chuck Engels » Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:36 am

Hi Tim,
Thanks for the great suggestion !

That's exactly what Lynda.com does. And for only $375.00/year you get to download the exercise files and follow along with each detailed step in their 5+ hour training session.

One of the reasons we have a hard time doing a detailed step by step, that includes all of the materials and project files, is the time involved.

I did include some of the materials in a few of the tutorials, Brady Bunch, and Page Turn, but not the project files.
That could be done in the future but will take a little more to put the tutorials together that way.

We don't want to duplicate a bunch of stuff that is already available. Lynda.com has a very nice set of tutorials for many different software applications. It doesn't make sense to repeat what they have already done so well. So we try to be more specific in what we do tutorials on, particular effects or ways of doing things like the Page Turn. Lynda.com doesn't have a Beyond the Basics for Premiere Elements so they don't cover any of that stuff like we do :)

With that said I think we can do more in the future to provide the project files and media, I just have to be careful what I use if we are going to be sharing it all ;)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby chooks » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:27 pm

Just thinking out loud,
There are endless possible ways to put a project together. I was thinking perhaps muvipix could have a competition where members could download some raw data (eg Steve goes to the zoo and takes some stills and video), that members could download and put it together. It would be interesting to compare the different styles and methods that everyone uses, and I am sure I would learn a heap. Could set a few rules such as able to use any programs, but only media files that are provided or whats available on this website for music, backgrounds etc. I would find this interesting as we would all be working with the same data, yet the results are endless
chooks
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

PreviousNext

Return to muvipix.com Suggestions