They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Download All?

Feedback, problems or suggestions related to our entire website.

Download All?

Postby bbooks » Mon May 28, 2007 10:53 am

I LOVE the free stuff you have made available to members, and I'm working on getting everything I can use. As a newbie, that means just about everything. It's very tedious downloading one file at a time. Is there a way to download everything in a single category all at once?
bbooks

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon May 28, 2007 12:15 pm

One thing we've been discussing lately, b, is making our library of materials available on DVDs. That might work better for you, if you're wanting to download everything.

The DVD sets would be available for purchase, although members who've paid our annual subscription fee would likely get them for a substantial discount. But we're still trying to figure out the logistics of this -- as well as figuring out how to make our products more easily searchable.

Nonetheless, thanks very much for your enthusiasm for the site! It's definitely a labor of love for us, and it's nice that it does currently seem to be paying for itself.

Meantime, if you're a newby who really wants to get a big boost, I recommend "Premiere Elements In a Snap", written by Muvipix founder Chuck Engels and me. Although the book was written for version 2 (virtually nobody is publishing manuals for version 3), nearly all of it also applies to the other versions. In the book we cover, in step by step, 125 tasks -- from the basics of capturing, editing and creating motion paths, to advanced DVD authoring to very advanced special effects like doing a Brady Bunch grid of videos, creating Star Wars style credits and making a person appear to fly. For under $20, it's a great investment. You can find it at many Borders and Barnes and Noble's bookstores and from Amazon.com.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby bbooks » Mon May 28, 2007 3:40 pm

Okay, thanks. I will keep plugging away.

I have PE2 in a Snap! It's an awesome resource!
bbooks

Postby Ron » Wed May 30, 2007 1:23 pm

bbooks wrote:I LOVE the free stuff you have made available to members, and I'm working on getting everything I can use. As a newbie, that means just about everything. It's very tedious downloading one file at a time. Is there a way to download everything in a single category all at once?

We are fast approaching 5GB of stuff in our products area. Your suggestion is a viable one, but I would think that as we grow larger and larger, the [category download links] would grow to gargantuan proportions and I also think that most would not take advantage of that feature with hard drive space still being at a premium (although, this is changing rapidly as well). Besides, being a member here at muvipix, you don't need to download everything, it's always going to be here waiting for you. We don't purge any old stuff, so consider this your extra storage area :-D when you need something, come on over and get it.
Regards,
-Ron

Dell, Win10 Pro, Intel Core i7-6700 CPU @3.4GhHz, 8GB ram. 64-bit
Ron
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to muvipix.com Suggestions