They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Forum and Advice!

Feedback, problems or suggestions related to our entire website.

Forum and Advice!

Postby Gooder » Thu May 17, 2007 8:09 am

Hello,

Just wanted to compliment you on the great looking forum & website you have here!

I have been creating my own forum with Yabb 2.1 but now seeing this forum I have decided to go with phpbb.

Could you please answer the following questions!

What version of phpbb are you using?
Does the version have included all the options that I had to go through at the sign up?

I like the way that you had to answer a question manually and that the sign up is also checked by a human.

Could you give me some advice on how to add those movies within a forum?

I have a good knowledge on how things work and to get a forum up and running. But the last time I tried to install phpbb it didn’t have as many registration options like this forum does!

Great job and well done :-D

Best of luck with your website!

Lee (Gooder)
Gooder
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Chuck Engels » Thu May 17, 2007 8:24 am

Hi Lee,
What have you been up to other than starting a forum? Good to see you at muvipix, it's been awhile. I hope you are gettin something ready for the contest :)

Don't forget to put something in the Introductions section so everyone can meet you. For those of you that don't know Lee was the winner of the Technical Merit award in 2005, a really splendid video
http://www.chuckengels.com/dec2005/TheJourney.wmv

Ron should be along to answer your questions shortly :)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Ron » Thu May 17, 2007 8:41 am

Hello & welcome.

The phpBB forum version is their latest stable ver. 2.0.22

The only thing we added to the registration process is the basic security question. Spammers were still getting in with the captcha integration, so don't rely on that alone. There's a small modification needed for the question and it's worked 100% so far. Even if spammers attempt to figure it out, all you really need to do is change the question (anti-auto-spammer).

And "... add those movies" - if you're speaking of our Gallery, it's Coppermine Photo Gallery. An open-source gallery that integrates nicely with phpBB via a bridge. The user database is maintained & authenticated inside phpBB.

Thanks for the compliments and if you have any more questions, fire away !
Regards,
-Ron

Dell, Win10 Pro, Intel Core i7-6700 CPU @3.4GhHz, 8GB ram. 64-bit
Ron
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Gooder » Thu May 17, 2007 4:31 pm

Hello Chuck & Ron,

Thank you very much for the warm welcome!

I hope to become a regular in the forum and I am looking in to becoming a full member. I have been busy trying to get more video work, along with becoming a webmaster for a British Association here where I live in Sweden!

Thanks again for the kind words on my video entry. I can’t believe it’s been such a long time since I posted that entry, still brings a smile to my face receiving that excellent book prize.

I will make sure that I put something in the introduction section.

Thanks again Chuck!
Lee

Ron,

I appreciate your help with the forum advice. If I could come back to you on this when I get things up and running that would be great!

One thing that I will have control over is the members for my forum. It’s not for public usage but more for members etc.

Thanks.

Lee
Gooder
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Return to muvipix.com Suggestions