They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Add View New Posts

Feedback, problems or suggestions related to our entire website.

Add View New Posts

Postby Bobby » Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:38 pm

Ron, could you add View New Posts to the list of options (back to original forum, etc.) after you click Submit when adding a post?

Even better, I wish there was a way to personalize that action so that I could choose to automatically go back to read my post OR go to View New Posts all the time.

Thanks!
Bobby (Bob Seidel)
Bobby
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Add View New Posts

Postby Ron » Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:27 pm

I'm not too clear on where you want the link. More details please?

I'm guessing the screen that's in between posting and viewing your post? Do you have auto-redirect turned off?
Regards,
-Ron

Dell, Win10 Pro, Intel Core i7-6700 CPU @3.4GhHz, 8GB ram. 64-bit
Ron
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Bobby » Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:40 pm

After clicking Submit, a new page comes up that says your post was submitted successfully. Then there are two lines below

View you submitted message

Return to last forum visited

I can't be specific as I can't write fast enough!!! Just wanted to add View New Posts to those two options. Yes, I do automatically go to the View your post if I wait.
Bobby (Bob Seidel)
Bobby
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Ron » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:07 am

Bobby wrote:I can't be specific as I can't write fast enough!!! Just wanted to add View New Posts to those two options. Yes, I do automatically go to the View your post if I wait.

Well, did you know that if you either let it go (usually takes about 2 seconds or so) or click either link, "View new posts" is on both pages?
Regards,
-Ron

Ron
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Bobby » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:43 am

Yes, Ron, I did. But some of us are impatient. Especially mods, who spend a lot of time looking at and replying to the various posts.

I always Preview my posts, and so I don't need to see them again - I want to go straight back after posting to my main "reviewing" screen, which is View New Posts.
Bobby (Bob Seidel)
Bobby
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Chuck Engels » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:29 am

Bob,
I do lots of viewing and posting also and find the current workflow very acceptable.
Start with View Active Topics, visit any of the posts in the list.
If I don't post I hit the back button to go back to the View Active Topics list.
If I do post then I wait for my post to come up, check it for errors and if all is correct there is a link just below my post to either View New Posts or View Active Topics.

I highly recommend that you use the View Active Topics list rather than New Posts as it is possible to miss some posts that way.
Give it a try and let me know what you think of this method.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Ron » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:20 am

Chuck's right. "View active topics" is much more accurate (not being time sensitive) when it comes to unread posts (unless you visit the forum more than once daily, this is not an issue).

That aside, I hooked you up. I added the "View new posts" link to the interim page and I also coded it so that you and only you can see it :lol:

Let me know if it works for you.
Regards,
-Ron

Ron
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Bobby » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:20 pm

Thanks Ron - this is a test!

Edit: worked fine. Chuck I will look into your recommendations.
Bobby (Bob Seidel)
Bobby
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Bob » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:46 pm

I read all the posts. But, because I am subject to a lot of interruptions, I usually visit multiple times during the day as time is available. I find "view new posts" generally works out a little better for me although I do use "View Active Topics" at times. I use a tabbed browser and get the new items list in one tab then open posts for reading in another tab. After reading or replying, I close the tab and open the next new post using the original tab. After going through all the posts, I'll refresh the list to catch the posts that were added in the interim.
Bob

Return to muvipix.com Suggestions