They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Viewing video in the gallery

Feedback, problems or suggestions related to our entire website.

Viewing video in the gallery

Postby Clayton » Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:58 pm

Is it just me or does anyone else have this problem. When I go to full screen in the gallery the videos are slightly pixelated and slightly blurry.
:?:
Clayton
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:06 pm

Well, it would certainly make sense, Clay.

Most of those movies are 320x240 pixels in size while your monitor is more likely at least 1024x768 -- so, in full screen, you're looking at it about 5x its resolution.

And then there's the fact that WMV files are compressed.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Clayton » Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:31 pm

I guess so Steve. I reset my resolution to 640x480 and it was still a little blurry. The reason I asked was I was at the ProShow forum looking at some slideshows and in full screen they are crystal clear. I don't have a clue as to their settings or formats. Thanks :-D
Clayton
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:59 pm

Of course, ProShow sets up slideshows for viewing on a computer.

Premiere Elements creates VIDEO slideshows -- at standard TV resolution. But, as I said, a typical web-based WMV is only about 1/4 even TV resolution, for bandwith's sake.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Ron » Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:20 pm

Hm, didn't know ProShow had a forum.

Anyway, I'm a huge proponent of ProShow software. And you hit the nail on the head as to one of the reasons why - quality. I really don't know what their secret is, but a basic fullscreen show usually looks awesome. Of course the author has to select the right outputs for that to happen. And remember that most of the ProShow experiences are slideshows only (not necessarily video - although I've inducted video into some of the shows Ive created). Slideshows don't really have "moving pictures" like video. Sure, you have the pans and transitions, but nothing like action movement across a screen. But, like you, I'm amazed at the quality.

And like Steve says, don't confuse the resolutions and/vs. intended audiences. A 320x240 resolution will ALWAYZ be pixelated at monitor fullscreen. To get a video to be somewhat good quality at fullscreen would have to be a filesize that exceeds web standards at the moment. I'm sure it will come in the near future, probably sooner than we think, but not today. A 640x480 high bitrate video can usually fool a fullscreen viewer, but there's still quality issues in most eyes. ProShow has some sort of proprietary image scan algorithm that could be "fooling the eyes", but whatever it is, it usually justifies an awe. It's a necessary tool that everyone should have on their system.
Regards,
-Ron

Dell, Win10 Pro, Intel Core i7-6700 CPU @3.4GhHz, 8GB ram. 64-bit
Ron
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Clayton » Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:36 pm

If you are interested Ron, here is the link. http://itsmygallery.com/ProShow
Clayton
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby rustysterling » Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:52 pm

Now you guys have gotten me curious about ProShow. Didn't know about it before. I checked out the link and I'm just blown away. Check out this slideshow:

Bridgeport

It's just breathtaking.
Abit IP35 Pro MoBo|Q6600 CPU GO 2.4Ghz|4x1G Corsair XMS2 PC2 6400 RAM|WD Raptor 150GB HDD|(2) Seagate 320GB RAID 0|LG Blu-Ray/DVD R/RW|Pioneer DVD/CD R/RW|Vision Tek HD2600 Pro 512Mb|Windows XP Pro SP2|PC P&C PSU 610 Silencer|Cooler Master 690 case
rustysterling
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby ed » Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:25 pm

I love proshow, but it is limited in what you can do. But what it does it does great.
ed
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Doreen L. » Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:20 pm

I'm a big fan of ProShow Gold. And now that I've owned it for over two years, I can upgrade to ProShow Producer for $100. I've been playing around with the trial download and really like it. You can output to avi, keyframe and use multiply tracks. It definitely outputs to avi a better quality than PE.
Doreen L.
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Ron » Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:33 pm

Doreen L. wrote:I'm a big fan of ProShow Gold. And now that I've owned it for over two years, I can upgrade to ProShow Producer for $100. I've been playing around with the trial download and really like it. You can output to avi, keyframe and use multiply tracks. It definitely outputs to avi a better quality than PE.

I'm still debating that deal as well !
Regards,
-Ron

Dell, Win10 Pro, Intel Core i7-6700 CPU @3.4GhHz, 8GB ram. 64-bit
Ron
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Chuck Engels » Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:47 pm

Doreen L. wrote:It definitely outputs to avi a better quality than PE.

Hi Doreen :) How are you judging the two outputs? In most cases you won't notice much of a difference between one AVI export and another. I am curious as to what the difference between the Pro Show AVI and the Premiere Elements AVI is, sure would be nice to see a sample.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Doreen L. » Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:30 pm

When I get a chance, I'll try to do a short slide show using each.

BTW, I checked out the PSG forum. Has anyone checked this youtube video. Very interesting idea. It's a mosaic created with Andrea's mosaic and then put into a video using After Effects.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQNLXkZv58A

Check out this mosaic of Starry Night (click on Photographic Mosaic Contest)

http://www.andreaplanet.com/andreamosaic/
Doreen L.
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Maxine370 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:57 pm

Doreen,

Have you downloaded the AndreaMosiac program? It looks really cool but I'm always worried about Freeware (or any new programs) crossing with PrEl. I remember loading Wax and having many crashes (i took it off right away).

I'd love to hear your experiences with it.

Beth
Happy Editing,

Beth
Maxine370
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Doreen L. » Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:40 pm

Beth,

I haven't downloaded it but it does look interesting, doesn't it? I just wonder if an image that size (it's got to be pretty big) would crash PE.

I'm surprised you had a problem with Wax. I had it on my old Dell and it worked fine (a little slow of course) but I haven't put it on the new computer yet.

If you get a chance, check this link out for slide show ideas. I really like the 'Photography in Action' slide show.

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/spotlight/

Doreen
Doreen L.
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Maxine370 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:34 pm

Wow, that's some nice program. I definately got some ideas... there are some things I can recreate in PrEl but some would be too complex and some not at all.

Gold doesn't seem to be something you can use with PrEl (correct, no AVI output?) but it looks like Producer is. That would make a sweet package.

Thanks for sending me there. You've whet my appetite. I may have to get my hands on Producer (although again I'm scared on the Learning Curve and how hard it might be to use both programs to edit on project.)

I'll let you know if I do anything with the AndreaMosiac program.
Happy Editing,

Beth
Maxine370
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Next

Return to muvipix.com Suggestions