They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Welcome & Feedback

Feedback, problems or suggestions related to our entire website.

Postby Chuck Engels » Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:10 pm

Hi everyone :)
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Hi Chuck

Postby Bob D » Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:46 am

Looks like things are coming along!
Bob D
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Paul LS » Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:41 am

Sure does... :D
Paul LS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Bob D » Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:32 pm

Ron, I've been putting all my comments in the beta user area off the home page. I hope that is the best place. I figured it was better than a bunch of emails flying around.

After looking in here I wasn't sure if you wanted maybe the comments to go in here.
Bob D
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Paul LS » Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:37 am

Me too Bob. Using the Beta testers comment page... 8)

Love the Smileys and that you can select them instead of remembering the keyboard keys.
Paul LS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Ron » Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:45 am

Thanks everyone. Either way is fine with me. Wasn't sure in the beginning of testing if the forum would've been utilized for this. At least this way, we all get notified of the issues. You guys are really helping out, it's appreciated !!
Ron
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Barb O » Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:09 am

Hi everyone.

Question:
Because Adobe markets Premiere Elements with Photoshop Elements as their solution for making a slideshow to burn to a DVD and play on a TV, there are a set of people and questions that specifically relate to this workflow. Should this be a separate topic area in these forums?

Comments:
As some of you know, I started with Photoshop Elements and am now trying to expand my horizon to include video editing. I have analog camcorder tapes to convert (some are captured) and new hard drive camcorder video to use. So my learning interest is the video editing.

However, what I have observed on other forums is that there are many people who are doing slideshows from Photoshop Elements then transferring to Premiere Elements who have no understanding of video, DVDs, etc. Does muvipix even want to address this area? If yes, should there be a separate topic in these forums for slideshow related discussions? Or would too large a percentage of the questions (like I can't burn a DVD) be common and duplicated in other forum areas?
Barb O
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Chuck Engels » Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:27 pm

I like the idea of a separate forum for slideshows but wonder if they will end up having to post some questions in the general forum anyway.

A separate forum for Photoshop Elements is a real good idea :)
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Barb O » Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:45 am

Chuck Engels wrote:I like the idea of a separate forum for slideshows but wonder if they will end up having to post some questions in the general forum anyway.

A separate forum for Photoshop Elements is a real good idea :)

Chuck, what is your intended scope when you say a separate forum for Photoshop Elements?

My thoughts had been an emphasis on the interfaces between Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements rather than all of Photoshop Elements. So I was thinking primarily preparing photos for Premiere Elements, sending slideshows from PSE to PRE, and editing PRE DVD templates in PSE or PS.

Perhaps a forum name of
"Using Premiere Elements and Photoshop Elements together"
Barb O
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Chuck Engels » Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:05 am

I was thinking if we had a Photoshop Elements forum we could give people a place to start, then send them to the Premiere Elements forum if necessary. Not a separate forum actually just a separate section of the muvipix forum.

Maybe we could have a 'Bundle' section or something like that, or maybe just the 'Slideshow' would work.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Chuck Engels » Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:07 am

Missed your forum name, I like it :)
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby nkummer » Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:10 pm

Hi,
As a user, I would not like to see another forum. Already I'll have to review the 3 PE forums since I beleive that some issues/fixs/suggestions wil be common and I have already learned alot form the more general conversation. Chuck's suggestion seems like the best, snd them to the correct form. The next best answer is a "slideshow" forum as the seems to be a topic of interst among users.
Regards,
Norm
nkummer
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Is it for PE only?

Postby Gerry » Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:27 pm

This is something I just noticed. While I know this site is primarily for users of Premiere Elements, it never really says that on the main page.

I mean, if I was a user of Studio 10 (hey, this is a hypothetical here!) could I also find a forum for me? Or should there be something mentioned about PE on the main page?
Gerry
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Ron » Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:33 pm

Even though it's currently geared towards Premiere Elements, we hope that we can apply most of the content here to video aficionados in general. Premiere Elements is just a great starting point.
Regards,
-Ron

Dell, Win10 Pro, Intel Core i7-6700 CPU @3.4GhHz, 8GB ram. 64-bit
Ron
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to muvipix.com Suggestions