They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Problem with st20.zip (Basic Keyframing)

Feedback, problems or suggestions related to our entire website.

Problem with st20.zip (Basic Keyframing)

Postby abby » Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:47 pm

I've downloaded and unzipped Steve's Tips Basic Keyframing. Each time I try to open it it places a little red book in the task bar and when I click on that I get a box titled "Compiled Autolt v2.64 script" then it says Line 1: runwait, flipalbumcd\\flipalbumcd\\FlipBookCD.exe. Am I doing something wrong or is it a problem with the download?
abby
New User
New User

Re: Problem with st20.zip (Basic Keyframing)

Postby Paul LS » Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:00 pm

I can open it and the book opens. However in the index it says it has 5 pages... but it closes after page 3.
Paul LS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Chuck Engels » Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:21 pm

Ron will be along to help you out, he does all of the eBooks.
He might not be back until the morning however, so hang in there please :)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby abby » Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:44 pm

Not sure what's going on but after I closed Premiere Elements the book opened 3 times (the number of times I tried to get it to work) and it opens all pages so I'm happy.
HP P7-1026, AMD Phenom II X4 840T Processor 2.9 GHz, 16 GB RAM, Win 7 64-bit Home Premium, PSE12/PRE12, PSE14/PRE14
abby
New User
New User

Postby Chuck Engels » Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:41 pm

Glad to hear that Abby :)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Ron » Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:18 am

Paul LS wrote:I can open it and the book opens. However in the index it says it has 5 pages... but it closes after page 3.

That's the second time I've heard this. You've downloaded the "Preview" of the E-Book, Paul.

I'm going to remove ( or maybe modify the description :-k ) the E-Book "Previews". They seem to be confusing everyone.
Regards,
-Ron

Dell, Win10 Pro, Intel Core i7-6700 CPU @3.4GhHz, 8GB ram. 64-bit
Ron
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Paul LS » Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:20 am

Thanks for clarifying that Ron. :oops:
Paul LS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Clayton » Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:37 am

Ron wrote:
Paul LS wrote:I can open it and the book opens. However in the index it says it has 5 pages... but it closes after page 3.

That's the second time I've heard this. You've downloaded the "Preview" of the E-Book, Paul.

I'm going to remove ( or maybe modify the description :-k ) the E-Book "Previews". They seem to be confusing everyone.

Ron when you make changes to descriptions, or file names please post so I can update my spreadsheet.
Clayton
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Ron » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:05 am

Actually, I modified a text link (not the item description).

Usually, you let me know of title duplicates, so you know first hand :)

If I change anything, I'll let you know.
Regards,
-Ron

Ron
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Clayton » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:07 am

I tried this file and it opens and works good......sorta. If I open it and move my cursor to where it changes to a little rectangle and left click, it opens the pages back and forth flawlessly, even closing the book. But if I move my cursor to where it changes to a little book, it grabs the pages and moves them by moving the cursor and works okay. but if I close the back page, then I cannot open it again. I also have two copies open right now that I can not close at all even by clicking on close.. in fact when I do this the image pops back up on the screen but unable to do anything with it. :cry:
Clayton
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Ron » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:21 am

claysand wrote:But if I move my cursor to where it changes to a little book, it grabs the pages and moves them by moving the cursor and works okay

This is by design. You can "manually" turn the page with that feature (not really needed).

claysand wrote:but if I close the back page, then I cannot open it again.

Can you detail this a bit more? I don't know what you mean by "close the back page" - closing the book? And it won't work after that?

claysand wrote:I also have two copies open right now that I can not close at all even by clicking on close

Why do you have 2 copies open? And are you saying that you click the "X" and it won't close?

claysand wrote:in fact when I do this the image pops back up on the screen but unable to do anything with it.

What image?

What operating system version are you running? I can't repeat a single thing you got going there. Can anyone else confirm this? It may be because you opened it twice. As the Doc would say - "don't do that" ;)
Regards,
-Ron

Ron
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Clayton » Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:04 pm

claysand wrote:but if I close the back page, then I cannot open it again.

Can you detail this a bit more? I don't know what you mean by "close the back page" - closing the book? And it won't work after that?

I used the "book" cursor to manually close the back cover and it wouldn't open again.

claysand wrote:I also have two copies open right now that I can not close at all even by clicking on close

Why do you have 2 copies open? And are you saying that you click the "X" and it won't close?

I had 2 copies open because I thought one had disappeared. Yes when I clicked on the X it would not close and when I clicked on it in the task bar and clicked close or exit (i forgot what it said) it would not close. I had to use the task manager to close them.

claysand wrote:in fact when I do this the image pops back up on the screen but unable to do anything with it.

What image?

When I clicked off of the book, the image went away but when I clicked on the image in the task bar the image clicked back on (like it should), but it was still frozen.

What operating system version are you running? I can't repeat a single thing you got going there. Can anyone else confirm this? It may be because you opened it twice. As the Doc would say - "don't do that" ;)[/quote]

I am at work and on a world wide server that uses windows 2000 nt.
Clayton
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Ron » Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:19 pm

OK, it sounds as if you had all the problems because you opened 2 instances of the executable. I'm fairly certain that your "images" or the E-book disappearing was because it's merely going behind another window (your browser maybe?). You should of seen both instances on your task bar and by selecting those individually would've brought them to the front - unless I'm missing something you're trying to convey.

Try not to make this too hard, Clayton. Just open the book, turn the pages as you read and enjoy!
Regards,
-Ron

Ron
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Clayton » Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:34 pm

Agreed, I don't want to make anything hard. It works great with the rectangle which is what I would use. But for info, I tried again (1 copy open), and using the book cursor it wouldn't let me let go when I opened the cover to grab the next page. Anyway no problems closing it out. Keep up the good work. :-5
Clayton
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Ron » Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:37 pm

When you see the "book cursor" - do a click and drag of your mouse - turns the page manually, not by simply clicking.
Regards,
-Ron

Ron
Site Admin
Site Admin

Next

Return to muvipix.com Suggestions