They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Digital Web Books Reader

Feedback, problems or suggestions related to our entire website.

Digital Web Books Reader

Postby VernonRobinson » Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:44 am

Steve/Chuck,
Great Site. Was browsing it to get a feel for what is here and how I will like my new home :D . I thought I would look at one of the articles by Steve, when I was prompted to download a new reader for Digital Web Books. In general, I do not like to add a lot of new things to my PC as "I had a bad experience", doing so in the past. With the Adobe Reader being so universally adopted, I wonder why Muvipix would need to add yet another piece of duplicate software? I am not sure what additional features this software brings, but I would like to strongly recommend that we not add another piece of software.

Also, I would have joined immediately, but I do not want to create a PayPal account. I will wait for the credit card section to become active. Please let me know when and I will be sure to contribute. I think you guys have done a wonderful job.

Regards,
-Vernon
VernonRobinson
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Ron » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:04 am

Hi Vernon,

Downloading the Reader is definitely optional and really nothing to be afraid of. The plug-in is digitally signed and is totally safe. It's similar in structure to the Flash plug-in, along with any video plug-ins you probably have installed and may not even be aware of. Filesize is extremely small compared to others as well.

Anyway, if you purchse the E-Book or become a member, the file comes in a self-contained executable (no reader to download). The E-Book is just a pleasant way to read the articles and does have a few features that are really intuitive in nature. It's a flipping style book that's truly neat.

And we're sorry to say that the credit card option is not going to happen at this time. PayPal just does everything for us automatically, whereas the credit card transactions would have to be manually managed. Conversely, with PayPal, the member has total control over his/her membership; with a credit card, this wouldn't be possible.

Yes, there have been some horror stories about PayPal in the past, but in the last couple of years, PayPal has grown to be the largest online account system of its kind. They jsut passed 100,000,000 members :shock:

I personally think that providing a credit card number online is much riskier than a PayPal managed account (MO). At least PayPal has a vault [metaphor] to store the info - whereas some online stores don't even use encryption. You need to definitely be aware of those.

We hope you reconsider :)
Regards,
-Ron

Dell, Win10 Pro, Intel Core i7-6700 CPU @3.4GhHz, 8GB ram. 64-bit
Ron
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to muvipix.com Suggestions