They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Cannot download Member/Product Clips

Feedback, problems or suggestions related to our entire website.

Cannot download Member/Product Clips

Postby kdmcfarlin » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:36 pm

:cry: Two questions

1. When I logon to Muvipix and navigate to the members area and then select a clip to download I am first directed to a signin screen. After inputing the same ID/pw to logon I am presented with the a screen with the following information:

The server muvipix.com at Restricted Area requires a username and password.

Warning: This server is requesting that your username and password be sent in an insecure manner (basic authentication without a secure connection).

I have tried inputting my logon ID and PW and my logon ID/PW used for the forum.

Specifically what must I do and how do I do it?

2. I would like to have one ID and password for both the forum and the member area. How do I do this?
kdmcfarlin
New User
New User

Re: Cannot download Member/Product Clips

Postby Chuck Engels » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:51 pm

Hi, sorry that you are having some problems with the members area.
I would like to thank you for posting in the forum, this provides an answer for others in the future as well ;)

First of all the Subscription is on an annual basis and is controlled by PayPal using your PayPal email address, this cannot be changed.
The Forum is based on user IDs and that also cannot be changed, you could use your PayPal email address as your user ID on the forum but I don't recommend that.

The Passwords can be the same if that will help, there is a change password link on the page that comes up after you log into the members area, it is at the top right.
You can change the subscription password to match the forum password, hope that help some.

After you log into the members area and attempt to download anything you will need to enter your subscription ID and password one more time, not every time you download something, just the first time you download something. This is your subscription/PayPal email address and members area password, the same one you entered when you logged into the members area the first time.

Let us know if you are still having problems, there could be some security that needs to be turned off on your browser.
If that is the case please tell us what browser and version you are using.
Thanks and welcome to muvipix :)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby kdmcfarlin » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:28 pm

:?: Thank you for your prompt reply. Unfortunately, the procedure did not work. I double checked that I was using the appropriate password and user ID as specified in your instruction. When I submit the password/ID request two windows appear:

Window #1:

The ID and Password fields are reset to blanks and the following message is displayed:

The server muvipix.com at Restricted Area requires a username and password.

Warning: This server is requesting that your username and password be sent in an insecure manner (basic authentication without a secure connection).

Window #2:

The second window which you see after cancelling out of the first screen as an authorization error indicating that either I have submitted the wron ID/password or that my system does not know how to send standard authorized data. The following URL for this screen was specified as:

http://muvipix.com/phpipnmonitor_v480/s ... ?recid=946
kdmcfarlin
New User
New User

Postby Ron » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:41 pm

Hi,

What browser are you using? And do you happen to be using a "Download Manager" of any kind?

I just logged in to your Member Area and downloaded without a problem. You have to be sure to type your credentials exactly (case sensitive). If you need a password reminder, I can send you one to your subscription email address.

We don't require a "secure connection" (the security message you're receiving - you have your browser security setting set too high for our site; you can allow muvipix.com as one of your safe sites through Internet Settings) here at muvipix because we don't safeguard any financial information of any kind nor do we have anything other than digital downloads - doesn't really justify a SSL/https connection.

Let me know if it works for you after re-typing your credentials. As Chuck mentioned, you'll only have to do that once per session.
Regards,
-Ron

Dell, Win10 Pro, Intel Core i7-6700 CPU @3.4GhHz, 8GB ram. 64-bit
Ron
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Chuck Engels » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:50 pm

I think it is a security setting in your browser that is causing the error.
As Ron says, we don't hold any sensitive information so we don't have any additional security for logging on.

Set muvipix as a Safe site as Ron suggested, and see if that doesn't make a difference.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby kdmcfarlin » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:23 pm

Thank you for your input. I think my problem is solved however I cannot say which solution worked. Unfortunately, I made two changes at once (I should know better). I lowered my IE 7 security setting and I retyped my login ID in lower case. I believe it was the latter that made the difference. At any rate I am able to download.

Thanks again for your prompt responses!
kdmcfarlin
New User
New User

Postby Ron » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:39 pm

I'm sure it was definitely the latter, the security prompt is only an advisory message (doesn't affect login).

Hope you enjoy the stuff!
Regards,
-Ron

Dell, Win10 Pro, Intel Core i7-6700 CPU @3.4GhHz, 8GB ram. 64-bit
Ron
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Chuck Engels » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:46 pm

kdmcfarlin wrote: I made two changes at once (I should know better).

Hey, I have said that lots of times 8-[

Might want to set the security back to where it was ;)

Glad it is working for you now, have fun downloading stuff :)

Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to muvipix.com Suggestions