They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Back to RSS Feeds again

Feedback, problems or suggestions related to our entire website.

Back to RSS Feeds again

Postby Jayell » Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:27 pm

Ron,
I know there's been some issues with the forum lately, so just checking. I have the Muvipix RSS feeds set up to come into my email, which is Thunderbird. I changed it to take in up to 25 at a time. After being away from the forum for a couple weeks, I clicked on the RSS feeds and only got about 8 messages. Not a big deal .. I went to the Website, but just curious if it only goes back a certain period of time now? I also notice that if I click it again fairly soon, I don't get any repeats that I used to always get (this is a good thing). Just want to make sure I'm aware of how it's working now so I don't miss any messages!

No hurry for answers .. just curious.
Jayell
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: Back to RSS Feeds again

Postby Jayell » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:28 am

And one other questions while we're on the subject :-D
Again, I read my messages through my email client. Every 15 ro 20 messages (it seems) I suddenly get the sign-in screen 8-[. After I sign in, it just takes me to the Board Index so I don't have a clue where to find that message. But I'm more curious about why the sign-in screen. The message says: The board requires you to be registered and logged in to view this forum. Are there some forums that require us to be logged in?
Jayell
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Ron » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:22 am

Hi Jayell,

I have to say that, for all of your RSS issues, I really have no knowledge of how the system works exactly. I know that we can provide the electronic feed, but beyond that and how RSS works is not my strong suit.

As far as the "login required" - that was probably a message that was posted in our "Admin" or "Moderator" forum. We have separate discussion areas that only concern certain groups (there's no support or public posting in these forums). We talk about website issues, spam posts, technical probelms, things of that nature.

The Feeds are probably showing you that something's been posted in one of these forums and you have to login with the proper permissions to view the posting.
Regards,
-Ron

Dell, Win10 Pro, Intel Core i7-6700 CPU @3.4GhHz, 8GB ram. 64-bit
Ron
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Jayell » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:48 am

Ron wrote:Hi Jayell,
I have to say that, for all of your RSS issues, I really have no knowledge of how the system works exactly. I know that we can provide the electronic feed, but beyond that and how RSS works is not my strong suit.

.. and all this time I thought you were an expert on EVERYTHING :-D

Ron wrote:As far as the "login required" - that was probably a message that was posted in our "Admin" or "Moderator" forum.

That makes sense .. and might help me find the message once I get logged in.

Thanks for the feedback, Ron
Jayell
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Jayell » Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:25 pm

Ron wrote:As far as the "login required" - that was probably a message that was posted in our "Admin" or "Moderator" forum.

Ron, the last two times I've gotten the login required screen (from reading RSS feels in Thunderbird) they were BOTH for the Pro Show forum. That seems a little odd. Would you mind taking a look when you get a minute.
Jayell
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Ron » Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:19 pm

jayell wrote:

Ron, the last two times I've gotten the login required screen (from reading RSS feels in Thunderbird) they were BOTH for the Pro Show forum. That seems a little odd. Would you mind taking a look when you get a minute.

Hopefully you are still able to click on those said links and see if that happens again. I did find a peculiar setting for the ProShow forum and changed it to match the other forum's permissions. Let me know if that fixes it.
Regards,
-Ron

Dell, Win10 Pro, Intel Core i7-6700 CPU @3.4GhHz, 8GB ram. 64-bit
Ron
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Jayell » Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:30 pm

Yes, I saved one of the messages .. and got in just fine this time. Thanks, Ron!
Jayell
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Return to muvipix.com Suggestions