They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Muvipix downloads: Glitches in all vbme files

Feedback, problems or suggestions related to our entire website.

Re: Muvipix downloads: Glitches in all vbme files

Postby Rocco » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:41 pm

Thanks Steve and Bob. I appreciate y'all taking time to look into this with me. :TU:

I'm an old reel-to-reel analog audio guy. Had a studio for 17 years so I've had to learn to dance with computers for living - not what I enjoyed the most... ](*,)

Had a college background with film (but physical film - can you say "moviola"?) Pretty excited about what I could now be doing with video.

But time (away from audio work and music) and affordability has kept me from revisiting visual media up until now - so it's a crash course. (Yeah, OK... :-({|= )

Thanks for being someone I can just ask directly while I'm clueless!

Steve, :tx:

[ ] yes I think I'm up to date on Quicktime: 7.7.9

[ ] an example of a file would be vbme0055.mov - but thanks to Bob's post, I don't think you need to waste your time looking into this any further.

Bob,
- great summary checklist of info in your post! :tx:

[ ] "The vbme files are quicktime "mov" files using the jpeg2000 codec. This is very compute intensive codec"
- Great info for a nub like me. It helps me know what I don't know! It pushed me to look for and find Steve's pdf codec intro info. Thanks!

[ ] "There is nothing wrong with the file. When you export the finished video, it should playback smoothly."
- Check :tup: Grasshopper thanks you. (learned some "render vs. export concept here.)

[ ] "To improve playback (preview) while editing in Premiere Elements, render the video by pressing Enter."
- sadly, this did not help (it did push me into researching and understanding the WAB better - thanks!)

[ ] " You may need to turn off hardware acceleration."
- :-k didn't help either.

- :-k I used the Hardware Acceleration switch in PrEl15's Preferences/General tab (hoping to avoid a system wide change I'd have to go back to use my DAW).

- Would I gain anything with the Win7 switch? - OR -

[ ] :-k I hypothesize my ATI Radeon HD 5450 Graphics Card is the issue, assuming my 3.40 gigahertz Intel Xeon E3-1270 V2 CPU and Intel DZ77RE-75K MB (more info in previous post) ...are up to the task...
[-o< -- any advice?

- This computer is still agile, even with newer audio software offerings. But I know it's an old-timer by computer age standards

- Can I hope to edit video with a better GPU, (any specific recommendations for this setup?)

or is it time to chew my leg off and consider buying newer computer tech? 8-[

Thanks for your help!
:meet:
Rocco
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:59 pm

An updated GPU would probably not be of help in this case.

I don't know what installing the Quicktime components didn't resolve issue. Maybe Bob knows a source for the JPEG2000 codec.

I wouldn't recommend you just Google the codec and download it from just any source. Let's make sure you're getting it from a legitimate source.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Rocco » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:25 pm

Thanks Steve. Do you know how I could summon an inventory of video Codecs installed on my system?
Rocco
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Bob » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:15 am

If you are able to play back the video even if it is jerky or freezes, you already have the codec installed. If you did not, you would get a message about a missing or invalid component and you could not play back at all. It is jerky or freezes because the resources necessary to decode the frames and play back the video in real time are too much for your system. Exporting is not done in real time and every frame will be processed and included in the exported video. The exported video will play back normally.

You should be able to render a preview of your timeline which will play back smoothly. In the expert timeline, you should have a green line over the areas that have been rendered. If the line is red, it hasn't been rendered. Does your project have a green line or a red line? What happens when you click the "render" button? Do you see the render progress window?

Both Mediainfo and GSpot can give you a list of the system wide installed codecs, but they will not give you the private codecs that are not made available system wide.

The codec id is mjp2 which indicates it is JPEG2000 in a motion jpeg format.
Bob

Postby Rocco » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:19 pm

Sorry I haven't been back to this for so long... THANKS all y'all for your responses. Although I haven't yet figured out why my rig won't process JPEG2000 files well, I HAVE used what you have contributed to start "thinking like the program." I'm worlds further ahead, understanding PrEl15 better because of your help!

BTW, thanks to Bob's explanation, I realized a work-around that let me use some of the JPEG2000 clips. I opened them in PrEl and Exported them as .mkv or mp4 so I could use them.

It's odd that Handbrake won't recognize/deal with those files either. Was kinda hoping I would be able to convert them in batch mode... but oh well...

Thanks again.
Rocco
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Previous

Return to muvipix.com Suggestions