They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

sorting Tutorials listings

Feedback, problems or suggestions related to our entire website.

sorting Tutorials listings

Postby robbie410 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:41 am

It would be nice if you could view the tutorials, listed under the various headings, by date created. Being new to this site I find that many of the Tutorials are going back to previous versions of Programs, which do not necessarily give the right information when using latest version of Elements.
Robbie
robbie410
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: sorting Tutorials listings

Postby Ron » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:05 am

I took your suggestion to heart and started forming queries to oblige; sorting the tutorials by date and it still didn't look any more organized (to me anyway). And although it could probably be done, I don't think it will help you much, at least to a point where you may think it will.

I like to think that most people (unless you're merely browsing) know exactly what they want to view when coming to our Learning Series area. Let's say that you have Premiere Elements Version 7 and you would like to view the tutorials and anything related to PrEl 7? If you perform a product search and enclose the search term in quotes ( "Premiere Elements 7" ), you can narrow the results down fairly well.

For example - http://muvipix.com/products.php?searchp ... 6&btn.y=17

Those results are related to PrEl version 7 only.

Not a perfect solution, but I hope it helps. Our products section has come a long way since inception ( and we're always trying to improve it :) ) and we realize it's not as powerful as the large websites out there, but we hope to think it serves as a basic catalog of video related tools and effects to assist with most video projects.
Regards,
-Ron

Dell, Win10 Pro, Intel Core i7-6700 CPU @3.4GhHz, 8GB ram. 64-bit
Ron
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Chuck Engels » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:46 am

Hi Robbie,
One thing about Premiere Elements and Vegas Movie Studio, they haven't changed the interface much at all in a long time.
Most of the tutorials apply to all versions, some may be slightly different but still easily applied to any version.
We've wanted to change the way the tutorials are presented, and we have done that a few times. But finding the time for a major change like that is difficult.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:59 am

And of course be sure to let us know if a tutorial doesn't help you at all or is in desperate need of updating. We'll be glad to help you with the workaround and, if necessary, we'll get to work on a tutorial update.

You'd be amazed how much technology and many program interfaces have changed in the half dozen years since we started this site. Back in 2006, the most popular technology involved camcorders that recorded to DVDs (a tough format to work with even then) and only a few people dared venture into the world of high-def. And, when AVCHD was introduced a few years later, virtually every video editing program struggled with it. Now AVCHD is the de facto standard for consumer video editing and we're wrestling with video from smartphones and tablets.

So some things in our library may seem ancient -- but we're regularly introducing new stuff to address the latest software and technology.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to muvipix.com Suggestions