They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Real User Reviews

Feedback, problems or suggestions related to our entire website.

Real User Reviews

Postby _Paz_ » Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:07 pm

I'd like to see an area where members could post their real life experience with various video related equipment such as camcorders, voice recorders, microphones, DVD, BluRay players and writers, etc.

I know it is possible to find reviews and sometimes even comparisons online, but those are usually done by pro writers who write somewhat limited reviews and talk specs more than how easy or difficult it is to use particular features. Sometimes to a novice, they don't really explain what they mean. Acronyms abound.

I do usually read reviews posted on Amazon but have recently heard a rumor that some of those reviewers are paid which sort of takes brand impartiality out of the equation.

I have downloaded User's Guides and read through them while trying to make a decision, but again, there is a lot of hype about features that doesn't necessarily speak to real life usage.

thanks for your consideration of this request,

Paz
Lenovo W70l; 1.6 GHz, i7 quad core, Win 7, 64 bit, 16 gigs DDR-3 RAM; NVIDIA Quadro FX 2800; Two 1T 7200 internal drives; BluRay burner
_Paz_
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Real User Reviews

Postby Steve Grisetti » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:31 am

An excellent idea, Paz! And our people do regularly ask for advice on everything from camcorders and software to TVs and other appliances. So feel free to ask any questions about anyone's experiences with any one product.

Obviously, our focus on this forum is on Adobe's and Sony's video and photo editing software -- but almost anything goes here (except political and religious arguments). That's part of being the community that we are!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Re: Real User Reviews

Postby sidd finch » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:14 pm

I'd like to see an area where members could post their real life experience with various video related equipment such as camcorders, voice recorders, microphones, DVD, BluRay players and writers, etc.

It is already there it is called Muvipix.com :)

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Return to muvipix.com Suggestions