They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Downloading HD motion element

Feedback, problems or suggestions related to our entire website.

Downloading HD motion element

Postby wyzboing » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:30 pm

I would like to download one of the HD motion elements from the site. Do I save it into the Adobe Prog files> Clip Arts>HD Motion Elements folder? And will it appear in the clip Art folder in the Edit pane?

Thanks in advance.
wyzboing

Re: Downloading HD motion element

Postby VernonRobinson » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:38 pm

I tend to save all of my downloads in their own directory. This way they are all in one spot and if I install a new version, there is no issue. Also, since I keep plenty of drive space, I copy all of my assets (pictures, clips, etc.) into their own project file. This just seems to be a cleaner and more modular way to operate.

Regards,
-Vernon
VernonRobinson
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby wyzboing » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:55 pm

So where do you file this directory just anywhere or in the Adobe prog files? And how do you get to the item to use it in your project?

Oh another thing: as this is a HD motion element will I only be able to use it in HD projects? Sorry that may sound a bit dumb.

Many thanks

wyz
wyzboing

Postby Dave McElderry » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:06 pm

wyzboing wrote:So where do you file this directory just anywhere or in the Adobe prog files? And how do you get to the item to use it in your project?

Oh another thing: as this is a HD motion element will I only be able to use it in HD projects? Sorry that may sound a bit dumb
wyz

Technically there's no special place that you need to put them. You just tell the program what you want to use with Add Media, and it remembers where it's located. Vernon is just saying to put it anywhere you want to, such as in your Videos folder. You can create separate folders for your own organization if you want to, just whatever makes sense to you. When you want to add it to your project you can just use Add Media and navigate to the file you want. Or as Vernon said, prior to using it in your project you can just copy it over to the folder that your project files are in, then navigate to it using Add Media. That way you know that all of your media files for that project are in the same place, in the project folder. I personally prefer this method too.

You can use a HD motion element in an SD project, but of course it will only give SD results. It's overkill, but no harm done.
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby VernonRobinson » Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:35 pm

Yeah, What Dave said. Appreciate the clarifications.

Regards,
-Vernon
VernonRobinson
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby wyzboing » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:57 pm

Thanks Guys.

That all makes perfect sense.

wyz.
wyzboing

Return to muvipix.com Suggestions