They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Please Help!

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 7.

Please Help!

Postby kathyconnolly » Mon May 02, 2011 7:36 pm

I really need some help. I'm freaking out here totally. I made a slide show on PSE 7.0 today and kept saving it throughout. I can see all the frendered files in a folder on my desktop, but I can't find the actual slideshow. I can find a Premiere Elements file that is about the same time I was making it, but none of the panning and zooming and transitioning I did are in it.

Did I lose it all? I need it for tomorrow and don't want to stay up all night. 50 is too old to be pulling all-nighters. I really am about to start crying.

Thanks,
Kathy
kathyconnolly

Re: Please Help!

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon May 02, 2011 7:50 pm

I assume you mean the slideshow you created in the Organizer, since Photoshop Elements doesn't have the tools to create a slideshow.

The suffix depends on whether you saved it as an Organizer project file, you ported it to Premiere Elements or you saved it as a WMV or some other file.

(No need to post the same question in two different threads, Kathy. We read every post.)
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon May 02, 2011 8:08 pm

If you just saved your slideshow as an Organizer project file (a .psess file), you find it in the Organizer's Photo Browser (the big, open area where all of your photos are displayed on the left side of your Organizer). You can locate by the date it was saved.

It can also be found in C\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\ALL USERS\APPLICATION DATA\ADOBE\PHOTOSHOP ELEMENTS\CATALOGS\[CATALOG NAME]\PROJECTS

Does that help?
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby kathyconnolly » Mon May 02, 2011 9:58 pm

Thanks. Sorry for the double post. I found it eventually, but I had moved jpg files around because I thought I was starting over. I think I'm done now.

Kathy
kathyconnolly

Postby kathyconnolly » Sun May 15, 2011 11:16 am

Steve, I'm having the exact same problem on a slide show I made last night. I can't find it in the organizer, and I don't have an "application data" folder under all users.

:(
kathyconnolly

Postby Barb O » Sun May 15, 2011 12:51 pm

Kathy,

For Windows Explorer
-- Since you say you are not seeing Application Data, you probably do not have the Folder Options for Windows set to view Hidden Folders : my experience is that it must be set to view most of the Adobe PSE created files (other than your media files like your photos) when using Windows Explorer.

-- In addition to looking under All Users for Application Data, look under the file structure for your Windows Userid.

Areas to investigate in the Organizer workspace :
-- Also, check your View options under the Organizer workspace -- there are choices for the types of media to be displayed in the thumbnails. Is the media type of Creations checked on your system ?- if no, check it.

As Steve previously mentioned, you should be able to find the thumbnail for the slide show, as long as you have the Media type set and you saved your slide show project . The thumbnail image looks like a photo of the 1st screen of the slide show with an icon representing slides superimposed on it.

-- not sure if v7 still has this option (some versions do not)
but look in the File menu of the Organizer workspace for a choice to Open Creations and if that option is present look for your slide show by name of the project.
Barb O
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Return to PRE Version 7