They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

BURNING BLU RAY DISKS

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 7.

BURNING BLU RAY DISKS

Postby Cope This 719 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:45 am

I am having a hard time burning Blu-Ray disks. This is what happens.

After editing my story I go to the "Share " tab where I select Disk then BluRay at this point with a disk in my LG burner I am asked if I want to erace the disk answer yes the Encoding runs for something like 2 hrs 15 mins then stops dead without any writing to disk.

My system is as follows
Intel core 2 duo
E8400 @ 3 Ghz
Ram 4 gig Nvide Ge Force 6800 GT

Please help
John
Intel Core i7 2600K 3.4GH, Corsair SSD 120 GB Drive x 2, Corsair Vengeance 16GB Ram, Asrock Z68 Extreme 4, Internal Memory 2 TB x 2
Zotac GeForce GTX 570, LG Blue Ray Read / Write, External 1TB Drive x2.
Cope This 719

Re: BURNING BLU RAY DISKS

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:46 am

There are a number of possible reasons for this, John.

What type of camcorder is your original footage coming from and how did you get it into your computer? Which project settings did you select when you set up your Premiere Elements project? How long is your project's video?

How much free, defragmented space is on your C drive? Are you editing to a drive other than your C drive? If so, have you ensured it is formatted NTFS rather than FAT32 (as they come from the factory)?

Which operating system are you using? Is it the 32-bit or 64-bit version?
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Chuck Engels » Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:25 am

Are you using the same disc every time or have you tired a different one?
Sounds like the disc you are trying to use has data one it or something but was never finalized.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Cope This 719 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:32 am

Dear Steve & Chuck,
thanks for the quick reply here are the answers to your questions.

My camera is a Canon HFS 21 this is an AVCHD camera My footage is coming from this camera in the following way. I select New Project then PAL/ AVCHD/FULL HD 1080i 25 5.1channel. In the organise panel I select "Get Media" from there I select "AVCHD or other hard disk / memory camcorder" With my camera on I select my drive and thumbnails appear in the Media Downloader.
I select the ones I want and these appear not only in the Edit panel but some appear in the Organise Panel (some with generic icons some with thumbnails from the camera.

From the Edit Panel I manipulate the footage into a movie.

When it comes to sharing I select the Disk option, I then select Blu-ray tab with the Preset H 264 1440 x 1080i PAL DOLBY.

I then select BURN and the transcoding commences. This goes all the way through to 100 % but instead of burning to disk the computer stops.

My other answers are: I am using an external 1Tbyte formated under NTFS It has 355 Gb free as a storage drive. My main drive ( C Drive has 277 Gb free) The length of the movie is 15Mins 15 seconds. My operating system is Vista and is 32 bit I have been using a Verbatim BD-RE that has been used before. Although I am getting a message asking if I want to format the disk to which I answer Yes.

My computer is an Intel Core 2 Duo E 8400 @3GHz, Ram 4 Gb, NVIDIA Ge Force 8600 GT

Sorry about the length of this but I know that in order to help me I should provide you with as much info as possible

Once again thanks John
Intel Core i7 2600K 3.4GH, Corsair SSD 120 GB Drive x 2, Corsair Vengeance 16GB Ram, Asrock Z68 Extreme 4, Internal Memory 2 TB x 2
Cope This 719

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:33 am

Great details, John! And it sounds like, overall, you're doing all the right things.

All indications are that the disc burn itself is the bottleneck. The first thing I'd check out is the disc, as Chuck suggested. I'd try a brand new disc to see if that makes a difference.

Otherwise, it's possible that the connection to the external drive is confusing Premiere Elements. If that's the case, there is a workaround which involves adding another program to your computer. But let's check out the media itself first so we can eliminate that possibility first.

BTW, instead of using the Organize panel as your media panel, use the Project panel, under the Organize tab. As I say in my book, the Organize panel can be very confusing, since it may or may not show video that's actually in your project. The Project panel is the true project media panel and a better representation of the video and audio clips that have actually been added to your project.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Cope This 719 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:03 am

O.K. Boys,
listen to this. I came home tonight with a new Verbatim rewritable disk but before I tried the brand new disk I thought I would try one more thing- erasing an old Blu ray RW using a program that came with my Blu ray burner, The program is called Cyberlink and the module in that is erase disk. It asked me if I wanted the short or long versions and not wishing to push my luck too far I selected the long version.40 mins later it was ready. I loaded up the same footage and after a long time encoding guess what happened. tHE PROGRAM STARTED BURNING TO DISKhttp://muvipix.com/phpBB3/posting.p ... 7&p=77871#

Now I draw this conclusion when you try to burn a rewritable that has data on it and PREL 7 asks if you want to format the disk even though you say yes nothing happens.

All I can say is that the Beta Testers missed this one, and thanks to people like both of you we still have a reasonable program.

In your reply you mentioned that instead of using the Organize Panel as your media panel use the Project under the Organise tab in PREL version 7 should this be under the Edit Tab.

In the not too distant future I intend to buy a new PC. At that stage I will tell you what it will comprise of and ask your opinion.

Thanks for your help your blood's worth bottling
John
Cope This 719

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:32 am

Sounds like a success story then, John! Happy moviemaking!
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Chuck Engels » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:51 am

Glad to hear that you have it working John :)

I doubt there are many beta testers in the last couple years that have had blu ray burners.
My guess is that Premiere Elements won't even format a blu ray disc at all, even though it is very polite and asks if you would like it to.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to PRE Version 7