They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

PE7 not connected to internet mssg.

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 7.

PE7 not connected to internet mssg.

Postby vidiac1212 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:26 am

I have been having burn problems. I am getting a message that says unkown error.. ant that PE7 is not connected to the internet. I have noticed that when I load PE7 on the screen it says gathering user information and the little gold bar just keeps acting like it's trying to find something. I am connected to the internet. I can create movies, I just can't burn to DVD.. Oh, and I had an event message saying Desktop display errror due to video card. I haven't reset anything on my display settings.

I was able to export my movie into a my video folder but haven't tried to burn it from Windowns just yet.

Sorry if this makes no sense. Please help.
Thanks
vidiac1212
New User
New User

Re: PE7 not connected to internet mssg.

Postby Bobby » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:11 am

I am a bit confused by what is going on. Let's take one thing at a time.

I don't think PE7 connection requires an Internet connection unless you are using photshop.com. Do you see the login for photoshop.com on the first window that pops up when you start PRE7? Is that the gathering information bar you are seeing?

Secondly, I would start by making sure your video driver is up to date, and also load the latest version of QuickTime.
Bobby (Bob Seidel)
Bobby
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby vidiac1212 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:23 am

HI Bobby... Thanks for your reply. After I posted my garbled message, I read some more and I still don't see the log in screen but, I had empty spaces in my timeline. I fixed those and the DVD burned just fine. I'm not technical enough to explain what I'm experiencing. You mentioned Photoshop, I don't get a log in screen there either. But the program works for me.

I did look in a driver folder thingy and it says I do not have access to make changes. Whatever that means. Sorry I am not more help in asking for help resolving my issues. At least my DVD burned and that is all that matters. Until next time that is.

Thanks again.
vidiac1212
New User
New User

Postby vidiac1212 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:24 am

Oh yeah, I did do the latest update of Quicktime just before I checked back here too.
vidiac1212
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:49 pm

Assuming you've got an always-on internet connection, have you registered your product to your Adobe ID?
http://forums.adobe.com/thread/542377?tstart=0
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Bobby » Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:24 am

Great. Yes, gaps in the timeline can result in DVD burning issues.

Glad to help, and make sure you join in here in our community.
Bobby (Bob Seidel)
Bobby
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby vidiac1212 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:04 pm

HI Steve, Yes, I registered my PE7 and Photoshop in 09 when I bought them. Now I haven't renewed my membership for the extra storage space, but I just noticed the sign in screen over the last 3 weeks where it just says gathering user info and then does nothing. Besides thast and my "freak out" issue friday and saturday, everything works fine. When I'm actually in edit mode PE7 says , "Welcome Monica" at the top. But that's it.

I have to say thanks to everyone who posts solutions to your boards, beacuase it was there I found a few possible solutions to my problem. and the first fix I tried worked.
I'm thinking one of my Christmas presents to myself after the new year is going to be a memebrship to your site.

Thanks Everyone!
vidiac1212
New User
New User

Postby Bob » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:39 pm

I have noticed that when I load PE7 on the screen it says gathering user information and the little gold bar just keeps acting like it's trying to find something.

When you first installed and registered the program, you were signed into Photoshop.com. Unless you explicitly log off, the program is set up to automatically reconnect you to your account when you start the program. You won't see the sign in to your Photoshop.com account that Bobby mentioned, instead you will see the gathering user information message and the gold progress bar. Normally, the bar stays on only a short time and will go away once the reconnection has finished. The "Welcome Monica" message at the top is also an indication that you are signed on to your account.

Does the gold bar eventually go away? If so, you are OK and don't need to worry about it. If the gold bar doesn't go away, it's an indication that the program can't reconnect for some reason. Usually, that happens if your Internet connection or Photoshop.com is down. But, other things can cause it too. You mentioned you didn't renew your membership for the extra storage. Perhaps that is part of the reason. Try using your browser to go to http://www.photoshop.com and then click on "sign in" in the upper right corner. Can you sign on OK?

If you changed from the "plus" photoshop.com account to the "basic" account, you might need to sign out in the program and sign back in. Click on "welcome monica" and it should give you an option to sign out. After you do that, the "welcome monica" will disappear and you will get "sign in". You can click on that and sign back in. If you don't sign in, the next time you start the program you will see the sign in boxes that Bobby mentioned instead of the "gathering user information" message and you can sign in then if you wish. I'd make sure I could sign in on the photoshop.com website before I logged out in the program though.
Bob

Return to PRE Version 7