They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Program crashes when titles used

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 7.

Program crashes when titles used

Postby GeorgeValparaiso » Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:25 pm

I have a problem with the system crashing when trying to make titles. Every time I click on a title I made in the timeline, or try to make a new title, I get the crash warning and the system shuts down. I can do everything else just fine. Can somebody tell me how to correct this in simple terms? I am not that computer literate. I made a few music videos and I basically use PE7 to organize home VHS tapes. I have about 8 projects stored on the hardrive. As soon as I click on a title, it crashes. If I try to cut the title and click on the T to make a new title, it crashes. The titles are still there in the timeline and I can make DVD's of any of my projects just fine. But I cannot make any new titles or any new projects with titles. Can someone help? Thanks,
George
GeorgeValparaiso
New User
New User

Re: Program crashes when titles used

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:24 am

Hi, George. Welcome to Muvipix!

Crashing when you try to open the Titles area is usually related to a memory issue. Do you have 2-4 gigabytes of RAM? Do you have at least 20-30 gigabytes of defragmented free space on your C drive?

It could also be that you're overburdening your system by leaving too much of your timeline unrendered. What type of video are you using to build your project, and what type of camcorder did it come from? If there is a red line above your clips on your timeline, press Enter so that the timeline can render. (The red line will turn green.) This usually improves performance.

And what happens if you start a brand new project, with no other clips in it? Can you make a title then? This can indicate that the problem is with your source footage rather than your system.

Meantime, if you go to your User Control Panel (by following the link just above your post), you can create a signature that appears following your every post. Many of us use this area to list our computer hardware and camcorder specs. This can often help the others as we try to diagnose your issues.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Re: Program crashes when titles used

Postby Chuck Engels » Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:38 am

Here is something Dave wrote about having trouble with titles and crashing
viewtopic.php?p=70619#p70619

Also, is the nVidia issue related to Titles at all or just Transitions?

What video card do you have George?
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to PRE Version 7