They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

All video clips off line

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 7.

All video clips off line

Postby roadsideron » Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:43 pm

I think I've seen this before but I don't know how to fix it. I'm 15 minutes into an HD project and I'm almost done with it. I opened up the project and all my video clips are off line now. I've saved the project in steps and all of the previous clips are also off line. When I try to use the "find" I get a "audio and video does not match" message. I spent almost a month on this and I'm really irritated about this. So much so that I'm about to destroy all of my Adobe software and throw it into the alley. Is there any way I can fix this?
roadsideron
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: All video clips off line

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:17 pm

Where are your source clips? Are they on a second or external hard drive?
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby roadsideron » Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:26 pm

Everything is on an intenal harddrive. I'm in the process of running a Chkdisk on it. I can play the clips directly with media player but the largest one takes a while before it plays. It's from a tape drive HV20 Canon in HD. I've been adding to this project and working on it for a month with no problems. The last thing I did was to insert two Quicktime clips and I also deleted the video from that last 10 seconds of the project leaving the audio in place. I was thinking that after Chkdisk runs I was going to try and do a system restore back to yesterday.
roadsideron
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby roadsideron » Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:44 pm

I deleted the last few clips I placed in the project and saved it as a different file name. I then went into the project file folder on the internal second drive and opened the new project by clicking directly on the project file. It opened with all the video clips present and I'm now in the process of re-rendering them. I plan on exporting it to tape, then reimporting it to a new project to finish it. This is a project with three characters all green screened and a lot of graphics. I spent a lot of time on this and I was ready to shove all of my software and equiptment into the alley when I saw the clips all gone. It's a video on how to write a four paragraph essay about a plain every day piece of paper. I plan on putting it up on youtube when it's finished.
roadsideron
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby roadsideron » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:19 pm

Well, I got the project back but I could not output it to HV tape to my Canon HV20. I remember having this problem before. I captured all three video sections from the HV20 to use in my project, but when I try to export it to tape, it renders for a minute or two, then reports it's finished. I outputed it to Mpeg 1440 by 1080 and imported that file to Corel X2 and it's exporting to tape just fine as I type this. I also have Corel X3 somewhere and I'm going to install it on my editing computers. I checked the Adobe site and PE 7.0 is having all sorts of problems exporting to tape from the HV20s and the HV30s. I have both camcorders and I bought them for ease of use in editing. I also own two copies of retail PE7.0 so I could legally put it on four computers. I just wish it would work right. It's a breeze to edit on, but a pain in the butt for other things.
roadsideron
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:22 am

I'm glad you're finding a solution that is working for you, Ron.

Premiere Elements 7 doesn't have any problems with AVCHD video that I know of, assuming your system is powerful enough to work with this video type, you've got your project set up correctly and you've got plenty of room on your hard drive. In fact, it handles this type of video much better than version 8 does!

You do have a good, fast computer and lots of free, freshly defragmented hard drive space, don't you?

Otherwise, I really am not sure what could be causing these problems. Sorry.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby roadsideron » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:48 am

Here's my experience with different HD formats. I saved my 15 minute project which has a lot of graphics in it to an Mpeg 1080i m2t file at about 3.2 gigs. It saved pretty fast. Then I imported it into Corel X3 so I could export it to tape. Upon watching the tape on my HD tv I found that the video was screwed up in several different places, ie, a few studders and some half frames showing half a graphic along with half a people clip where it goes from graphic to people video. I then tried a WMV 1080i output from PE 7.0 and it took a lot longer to render the two pass file but it was only 550 megs big. I imported that into Corel X3 and exported it to tape and it came out perfect. No glitches or studders. The quality of the video was as good as the m2t file. I guess I will save my files as WMV's either 1080i or 720p depending on whether I'm uploading to youtube or not. One thing Corel X3 version has that PE doesn't is Cuda. Cuda on Nvidia video cards speeds up renders quite a bit.
roadsideron
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Return to PRE Version 7