They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Adjusting The Width Of A Still Pic

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 7.

Adjusting The Width Of A Still Pic

Postby NuffRespeck » Thu May 20, 2010 10:37 pm

Will someone instruct me how to adjust the width of a still pic that I added to a recently videotaped event. I added a still pic of an attendee but the pic does not cover the entire frame. Portions of the video are still visible in the background at the left and right edges of the pic. Does the pic adjustment need to be done in a photo editor or is there a workaround in PE7?
Any input would surely be appreciated! :-k :-k
NuffRespeck

Re: Adjusting The Width Of A Still Pic

Postby Paul787 » Fri May 21, 2010 2:15 am

Under Properties, select Motion and then increase the Scale setting until the photo completely covers the background. You can also reposition the photo as necessary. Hope this is of some assistance.
Paul787
New User
New User

Postby Bob » Fri May 21, 2010 3:18 am

Just to add a little more information to Paul's suggestion, take some care to consider the size of the video frame when you are preparing photos that will be inserted into a video. The photo can be larger than the video frame size and be scaled down fairly well, but scaling a smaller photo up much above 100% of its size to fill the frame should be avoided as it will appear softer and more pixelated.

Watch out for the "scale to frame" property which is by default turned on. When on, a photo will be scaled to fit the video frame and resampled. Subsequent scaling will apply to the resampled image. That's not good. You are effectively turning a larger photo into a smaller photo. If you need to scale, it's preferable to turn scale to frame off and manually set the scale. That way you will retain the best quality. You can set scale to frame off in the properties where it will apply to all clips subsequently added to the timeline, or you can right click on a specific clip and enable or disable it for that specific clip.

Another approach is to simply place a color matte underneath the photo to hide the unwanted video underneath.
Bob

Postby NuffRespeck » Fri May 21, 2010 10:37 am

Thanks Paul and Bob!! Because of your responses, I will be able to complete my editing in a timely fashion. Thanks again! \:D/ \:D/
NuffRespeck

Return to PRE Version 7