They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Integrating PointPoint file into PE7 video

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 7.

Integrating PointPoint file into PE7 video

Postby rudympohl » Mon May 17, 2010 3:42 pm

Hi There:

I need to be able to create a video where a person is giving a 2-minute instructional talk on a topic and in the video the scene cuts back and forth between the speaker and the some PowerPoint slides. Is this possible, and what tools would I need to do this?

Thanks a lot,
Rudy
rudympohl
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Integrating PointPoint file into PE7 video

Postby rudympohl » Mon May 17, 2010 3:45 pm

to clarify the above question....

I need the PowerPoint slides to retain their animation properties, not simply saved as a jpeg or tiff file. IN other words, I probably first have to save the PPT file as a video file of some sort and then import that into PE7.

Anybody been doing this?

Thnx,
Rudy
rudympohl
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Chuck Engels » Mon May 17, 2010 4:16 pm

Camtasia would be a good tool for this, it has a Powerpoint plug in that will do pretty much anything with Powerpoint and video. It also is a great screen recording program as well. That would be the easiest way, but not the cheapest for sure.
You can check out Camtasia at http://www.techsmith.com/camtasia.asp and give the trail a workout.

I know that others have tried and failed when attempting to combine Powerpoint and Premiere Elements.
It might be easier to work in Powerpoint, importing the video, rather than the other way around.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Bob » Mon May 17, 2010 4:38 pm

I didn't personally do it, but, before I retired, my staff was creating videos from Powerpoint 2002 using the free Microsoft Producer for Microsoft Office PowerPoint.

I just checked and Microsoft Producer is still available and it says it works with Powerpoint 2007 and 2010. However, I also saw some posts that said it didn't work with Powerpoint 2007. Don't know what's up with that, maybe they updated Producer since then and it works now. The date on it is 5/3/2010.

Here's the link to the download page: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=1b3c76d5-fc75-4f99-94bc-784919468e73&displaylang=en Note that it says that powerpoint 2010 users will also need to install the Office Animation Runtime.
Bob

Return to PRE Version 7