They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

DVD Burning

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 7.

DVD Burning

Postby videogeorge » Thu May 06, 2010 5:52 pm

When I use a PE DVD Template I find that I have to resize the title so that it fits within the safe margin area. After resizing I save the project and then burn it to a folder. When I preview it it looks fine. When I burn the disc the title comes out in its original oversized manner. Can anyone tell me why and how to fix it? Thanks for your help.
videogeorge
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: DVD Burning

Postby Peru » Thu May 06, 2010 6:09 pm

Does it happen to all templates, or just this one?
Peru

Postby videogeorge » Thu May 06, 2010 6:14 pm

I seem to use this one the most. Not sure if it happens with others but I'l give it a try. It just seems that it's not taking my edit even though it looks like it is. Thanks.
videogeorge
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby videogeorge » Fri May 07, 2010 10:22 am

Tried burning to a different DVD template and still have the same problem. Can't figure out why it won't take the edit. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
videogeorge
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Bob » Mon May 10, 2010 2:40 am

After resizing I save the project and then burn it to a folder. When I preview it it looks fine. When I burn the disc the title comes out in its original oversized manner.

Just so I understand, when you preview are you previewing by playing from the folder or are you previewing from within PrE 7? And, when you burn the disc, are you burning from the folder or are you going back to Share and re-encoding and burning to disc?

This is odd, I've not run across this before.
Bob

Postby videogeorge » Mon May 10, 2010 10:38 am

Hi Bob,

I'm previewing it within PE7 by using the preview tab. I'm burning the disc from the folder using Nero Express. I tried something that worked but not sure if it was a fluke or is something I need to do each time. The title box defaults to a very large size that I need to make smaller by dragging the edges of the box inward so its fits within the safe margins. I then clicked the "Apply to all text items" box and noticed that the title box adjusted itself somewhat, still within the safe margins. I then saved the project and burned the disc from the folder with Nero Express and it worked. I didn't think I needed to check that box though...Is there a setting that I can make the default size
small enough to fit within the safe margin?

Thanks so much for your help.
George
videogeorge
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Return to PRE Version 7