They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Not Burning

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 7.

Not Burning

Postby kathyconnolly » Wed May 05, 2010 12:54 pm

Hi. I finished my movie, but now I can't burn it. I've tried sharing it any number of ways. I guess I can play the presentation on my laptop if worse comes to worse, but without anything rendered the quality is bad. I have a:

Dell Latitude E4300
Intel Core Duo CPU
P9600 @ 2.53 GHz
2.53 GHz, 3.45 GB of RAM

Is there some setting I could change that could make this happen or am I totally screwed. My presentation is in an hour, lol.
kathyconnolly

Re: Not Burning

Postby Bob » Wed May 05, 2010 1:11 pm

I'm assuming you are burning to dvd from Pre 7. Right? What happens when you try to burn? Does your burner show up in the share dialog? Can you burn to a folder?

Do you have other burning software on your computer? If so, you could share to folder or share to PC and use the other software to burn the disc.

Doing the presentation from the laptop is probably your only choice at this point, I hope you have a projector or at least a large external monitor. Hope the presentation goes well.
Bob

Postby Chuck Engels » Wed May 05, 2010 5:28 pm

Can you export an AVI file (File/Export/Movie) ?
If so you may be able to add that AVI file to a new project and burn it without problems.

Interested in your answers to Paul's questions also :)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby kathyconnolly » Wed May 05, 2010 6:30 pm

Thanks guys. I do have burning software on my computer. I kept getting memory errors and then I got one that said something about the video. I tried all the sharing options, and none of them worked. It happened with all my versions even after I converted my video. It was so frustrating!

I think I'm going back to Pinnacle because I can't take this. Premiere is just so hard for me, on all my computers. :oops:
kathyconnolly

Postby VernonRobinson » Wed May 05, 2010 7:21 pm

The first thing to do is to isolate whether it is a rendering problem or a burning problem. When you try and burn your show, set it to burn to folder instead of your DVD burner and see if it completes successfully. If it doesn't, then we can check to see why the failure. Most common problem is oversized pictures.

If it does successfully burn to folder, then I in the short term I would use your burning software that came with the computer to complete your output. Then we can begin to troubleshoot your burning issue.

The first pass through the process is the roughest, after that it does smooth out a bit. So stay focused and hang tough. We are here to help you. Believe me, I used Pinnacle for many years and would never go back. I remember the constant crashing....

Let us know how you get on.

Regards,
-Vernon
VernonRobinson
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Return to PRE Version 7