They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Seeking 'How-To' Advice On An Effect

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 7.

Seeking 'How-To' Advice On An Effect

Postby NuffRespeck » Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:42 pm

I recently filmed a five member choral group doing five songs with each member doing a 'lead'. I also have still pictures of each member. I'm trying to create an effect where the stiils seem to randomly appear and then stop on the still of the picture of the person just as he starts singing. Is this possible in PE7? and how would I go about creating same. Would surely appreciate suggestions!! ::C
NuffRespeck

Re: Seeking 'How-To' Advice On An Effect

Postby Peru » Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:48 pm

The way that I have done this is to do a "freeze frame" of the video and use that image keyframed appropriately.

If you are not familliar with keyframing, there are some great resources on this site.
Peru

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:19 am

Try putting the video on track 1 and the stills on track 2. Then use keyframes on the stills for opacity so that they emerge as the person begins singing. Keyframe other characteristics for size, position etc.

If you need all stills to be visible at the same time then either place each still on its own timeline and keyframe for size, position etc. or have all of the stills on the same timeline and keyframe.

As Peru says, lots of info on keyframing here on Muvipix if you need it.
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby NuffRespeck » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:15 pm

Thank you for your suggestions! :tup: I'll advise you on the outcome.............(goes off singing 'Oh how I love Muvipix, la-la-la, la-la-la')
NuffRespeck

Return to PRE Version 7