They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

clips not all showing in Organizer

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 7.

clips not all showing in Organizer

Postby DaiB » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:25 am

Hi. I'm new to PE7. I have captured a MiniDV video tape. After capture all clips appear in the timeline with their auto scene-change breaks. When I go to create an Instant Movie, not all the scenes I captured and that are in the timeline appear in the Organizer window if I select just the project I'm working on. If I select 'show all' the missing ones appear but without a 'P'; they all have grouped scenes within them. If I continue to make a movie, all the scenes are included including the ones that didn't show in the Organizer and didn't have a 'P'. Why don't all the scenes that were captured and showing in the timeline appear in Organizer? Does the Organizer have any real purpose if the Capture process already added all my clips to the Timeline automatically?
DaiB
New User
New User

Re: clips not all showing in Organizer

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:14 am

Hi, Dai. Welcome to Muvipix!

The Organize pane in Premiere Elements is a very confusing space. It only shows you the most recent clips loaded to your project, although you can also filter it to display others.

Check your Project media panel. Is your captured video in there? If not go to Get Media/From Files and Folders and browse to it on your hard drive.

Once it's in your Project media panel, it should show up in the Organize pane.

If it still doesn't (man, how I HATE the Organize pane!) click the Organizer button to open up the full Organizer program and locate your files in there.

Otherwise, you should be able to just drag your clips to your timeline from the Project panel, select them there and apply your Movie Theme directly to them.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to PRE Version 7