They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

SmartSound Duration

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 7.

SmartSound Duration

Postby Bobby » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:22 am

I have started to play around with SmartSound. I am not sure why; I remember using it (or the equivalent) back in the days when I was using (ugggh) Pinnacle. When I play one of my older DVDs done with sound that way, I was very unimpressed with the elevator-music sound. But I thought I would play around anyhow and see if in fact it might be worthwhile to my efforts.

But I don't see how to automatically set the duration of the generated SS wave file. What I want to do is to select a clip and then go through the dialog and have the duration automatically set to the duration of the clip. It appears that I have to do that manually now by just getting the clip length from properties and typing it into the SS dialog box.

Surely I am missing something...
Bobby (Bob Seidel)
Bobby
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: SmartSound Duration

Postby Paul LS » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:18 am

You have to do it manually Bob... it is not the "proper" plugin as used with Pinnacle and Ulead which automatically sets the duration to the clips length. Basically it is the free add on that you have been able to download from SmartSounds for sometime. All Adobe have done is intergate the free add on, so you need to input the duration time in the SmartSound window as with the free add on..
Paul LS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: SmartSound Duration

Postby Bobby » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:29 am

Thanks. Well, that is something I can live with, I suppose - provided I want elevator music on my DVDs!
Bobby (Bob Seidel)
Bobby
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Return to PRE Version 7