They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

The Muvipix.com Guide to Premiere Elements 7 is here!

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 7.

Re: The Muvipix.com Guide to Premiere Elements 7 is here!

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:08 pm

Thanks, Ron. I guess I'm naive about spambots and the like. :oops:
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Felix G » Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:36 pm

Hi,
I'm looking for the ISBN number of The Muvipix Guide.
(Amazon free shipping does not apply to Europe, and I don't feel paying € 10 shipping costs on a € 20 book.
With the ISBN # I can order at (and support) my local bookstore)
Regards
Felix
Felix G
New User
New User

Postby Vera S » Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:44 pm

Here they are:

# ISBN-10: 0615248993
# ISBN-13: 978-0615248998
DELL 9150, D 930, 2 GB Ram, 2 160 SATA HD, Nvidia 7900 GS - Panasonic NV-GS 75 - Canon Powershot S 80 - WinXP Prof SP3
Vera S
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Steve Grisetti » Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:54 pm

Danke, Vera!
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby ridon127 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:30 pm

I just ordered my muvipix book. I hope I got it right.. I went to the link here and ordered it but I didn't do the promo code or at least I didn't see a place for it. To be honest, I really forgot about it.. I just hope that you get the credit for it... and don't worry about the discount.. I'm just happy there is a book. I haven't upgraded since vs.2 and I am not real sure about vs. 7. I'll see what happens when it arrives..

Do you think you could get something here that deals with books on PSE??? :-D Just curious..

Thanks for writing the book Steve.. I don't think I could have gotten this far without my In a Snap book and this site.. Still got way to much to learn.. :lol: :lol:
Go out and make it a great day. The choice is yours!
Donna
ridon127
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby momoffduty » Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:43 pm

ridon127 wrote:
Do you think you could get something here that deals with books on PSE??? :-D Just curious..

:

Donna, I have 2 books on PSE. PSE4 & PE2 All in One Book and the Photoshop Elements 5 The Missing Manual by Barbara Brundage. Both are very good books IMHO.

Here is a list & description of the tools for PSE3, but mostly the same in other versions:

http://www.digitalscrapbookplace.com/un ... _jcr.shtml
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby Cinde » Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:18 pm

Donna, I have an autographed copy of Chuck’s Photoshop Elements 4 & Premiere Elements 2 All in One. It is a very handy tool. I also have Chuck and Steve’s Premiere Elements 2 in a Snap (Not yet autographed but I hope to catch up with them in Kentucky on the Great Muvipix Tour!). It’s my most useful tool, dog-eared and highlighted throughout. I’m also looking forward to Steve’s Muvipix Guide to Premiere Elements 7.

I have two other Photoshop resources that I find very helpful. First is a book by Scott Kelby: The Photoshop Elements 5 Book for Digital Photographers.

The second is my bookmark for PhotoKaboom: http://www.photokaboom.com/_htm_menus/htm_PSE_menu.htm
There is one section dedicated to Photoshop Elements. “Photoshop Elements is the easier to use Photoshop. Learn to edit with aplomb with over 300 articles & tutorials. Kaboom!
There are some free PDF files of class handouts. I e-mailed Jim Beecher about a printed book. Here’s part of his reply to me: "I planned on doing the same with the tutorials, but discovered it was too much work to reformat the webpages into Word documents. I did make the webpages 81/2 inches wide, so they'll print. However, the page breaks my not be in the best places all of the time".

Cheryl thanks for the link to Photoshop Elements 3 Tools.
Cinde
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:06 am

Again, thank you guys so much for your kind responses and support.

Naturally, the success of this book will determine if we do more, do a new one for each new version, do the next one in color, etc. And, certainly, we'll make every effort to supplement every book with information here on Muvipix.

Thank you Cinde for your excellent recommendations for Photoshop Elements books! Unlike Premiere Elements, there is no shortage of books on Photoshop Elements. So, unless we see a dire need, I'm not sure we'll be publishing a Muvipix Guide to Photo Elements. A book, after all, does represent a 2-3 month, every-free-minute commitment of your life -- and that's not including the time you have to put into thoroughly researching the program!

But we are committed to doing what we can for you guys! So we'll do what we can for you. ;)

And, as stated several times in this thread, I'm still glad to offer a 10% rebate on any book if you write me. And I'll PDF e-mail you autograph or anything I can do to make your experience with it more enjoyable.

Thanks!
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Barb O » Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:47 am

My observations are that

- PSE x The Missing Manual by Barbara Brundage
- The The PSE x book for Digitial Photographers by Scott Kelby and now also Matt Kloskowski

have been the most popular books mentioned on the Photoshop Elements forums that I frequent. I used "x'" for the version number because this has been true across several versions. And there are people available to answer questions about the content of these books on other forums.

- Barbara Brundage frequents the Adobe site Photoshop Elements User Forum
- People using the Scott Kelby book frequent the Photoshop Elements User forums at http://www.elementsvillage.com/forums/

So I totally agree with Steve's comment that muvipix will benefit everyone here by concentrating on a book for Premiere Elements.
Barb O
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Svein Berger » Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:48 pm

Hi,
I've got the book yesterday \:D/ . And now I have red it. This is the first time I have red a "user manual/Guide" cover to cover and enjoy it all the time. Steve, this is the best guide I've ever red about a data program! And now I know PRE MUTCH better than before.

Thank you Steve.
Svein
-- Canon Legria HF M52, Canon HV20 --
Svein Berger
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:11 pm

Thank you all very much. I'm doing my best not to let this all go to my head...

In the meantime, if any of you would be willing to take a minute and post an honest review to the Amazon page, that would also mean more than you can know!
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby ridon127 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:07 pm

My book arrived today.. I have scanned thru it and it seems pretty easy to understand.. Now if my program will get here :-D
Go out and make it a great day. The choice is yours!
Donna
ridon127
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:29 pm

Hey, maybe you'll enjoy the book so much you won't even bother with the program!
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Chuck Engels » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:49 pm

img0203
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby ryan_khoo » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:52 pm

I got a pleasant surprised today.

Steve's book arrived today, 2 weeks earlier than expected.

Though I haven't got the time to read everything from cover to cover, I must say this is a MUST HAVE companion for all video editors who travelled a lot. It is compact and easily put into a laptop bag. This is good for beginners and will also be a good reference for those seasoned users.

If I am allowed to make a suggestion, I think Steve can double the sales volume if he produce another book with the same content but with bigger pages, bigger fonts and colour pictures of windows. This will be useful for amateurs like me who read it on bed (my eye sight is not that good as when I was younger :) ). I would certainly like to have both, one for home and one for travel.

Congrats on writing & producing such a useful guide, good opportunity for me to transfer a bit of Steve's brain into mine. :-D

I hope Steve will write another book on Sony Vegas and Bluff Titler ?

Thank you
ryan_khoo
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

PreviousNext

Return to PRE Version 7