They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

During Burn Internal software error

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 7.

During Burn Internal software error

Postby Di Hansen » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:42 pm

Yesterday, I received the error cited below while using PRE9. I switched over to using PRE7 (new projects, all dv-avis inputs) and burned two large projects successfully. Today, I am receiving the same error in PRE7 while burning a new project (again, all dv-avi inputs).

Error message while Burn in Progress (to folder):
Internal software error: \Vobulator\BlockPlanner\BlockPlanner.cpp, line215

Please advise. I have been using PRE7 for several years. Scratching my head today. :conf:

Thanks!
Di Hansen

Re: During Burn Internal software error

Postby Chuck Engels » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:44 pm

Hi Di,
The only solution I can find that seems to work is to remove all markers and add new ones.
What markers are you using and how many?
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Di Hansen » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:46 pm

Thanks for your reply, Chuck.

I am using 5 chapter markers, marking 5 separate dv-avi files (45 minutes of footage total). I am going to try exporting the entire timeline as a single dv-avi file and re-set this file on the timeline. Then try to burn to a folder. I can try to reset the markers as well.

I'll keep you posted! Thanks for your help!
Di
Di Hansen

Postby Di Hansen » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:49 am

Resetting the project with a single dv-avi file worked. No error upon burning.

I'm wondering if this caused the error: My chapter markers were placed over points of where I had placed transitions (fresh & un-rendered). Some of markers were close together (30 seconds or less apart).

Any thoughts? Thank you for your help! This is the best yearly subscription in which I invest. :tup:

Di
Di Hansen

Postby Chuck Engels » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:09 am

Markers too close together can cause problems and I would think that less than 30 seconds is pretty short. Don't think the transitions would be a problem but you never know, that is a possibility I suppose.

Just noticed you were in Detroit Lakes, great area. I used to live in Morris, Elbow Lake and Barrett :) That was from 1981 - 1986. Worked at KMRS in Morris and KBRF in Fergus Falls part of that time. Went to the We Fest in 1985, that was fun.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Di Hansen » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:42 pm

Thank you for your reply, Chuck. Using a single dv-avi per project, I've burned 5 projects to folders today with no errors. :yh:

Wow! Small world! Thanks for letting me know about your background - I love those details. We live just down the Hwy from the WeFest area. A fun event!

Take care! Merry Christmas! (I'm hoping I won't have need to contact you until 2013!) :-D
Di
Di Hansen

Return to PRE Version 7