They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Will the next version of Pre Pro be much different?

Premiere Pro discussions.

Will the next version of Pre Pro be much different?

Postby Matthew Max » Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:50 pm

What's the latest knowledge of the superiority of the latest Premiere Pro coming in May? Should I put off buying my very first version of Pro? I'll be moving up from Pre Elements 4 and 9. I now know I definitely need Pro, and I don't really want to wait. I will wait if the tribe thinks I should.
Matthew Max
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: Will the next version of Pre Pro be much different?

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:54 pm

Well, you'll always be waiting for the next big improvement, Max. That's kind of the nature of technology. A month after you get it home from the store, they're getting ready to introduce the next generation.

But as far as Premiere Pro goes, it's been an excellent program for some time. You will definitely be happy it, no matter which of the current (or recently current) editions you buy.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Matthew Max » Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:07 pm

I like people best when they tell me things I want to hear. Gracias, Esteban.
Matthew Max
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:26 am

Prego. Da nada.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Peru » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:34 am

If you wait until 6.0 is almost out, you may get a better upgrade price to 5.5 than is offered now.
I upgraded from Pre El 3.02 to PPro 4 when I received an upgrade email offer from Adobe ($299) just prior to the official release of PPro 5.

The current upgrade price from Adobe:
http://www.adobe.com/products/premiere/ ... yTab3.html

Another thought: Is your hardware adequate to support PPro and CUDA (processor, RAM, video card, # of hard drives, etc.).

Also, starting from PPro 5.0, it is only a 64 bit application.
Peru

Postby Bob » Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:10 pm

No need to wait, Adobe has long had a policy of providing a free upgrade to the new version if you purchased your copy after the announcement has been made. See this link for the eligibility and proof of purchase details: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/153/tn_15304.html

Adobe has changed the release cycle from the old one and a half years between releases to two years between milestone releases (e.g. CS5 to CS6) with a point release (e.g. CS5.5) at the one year mark.

Premiere Pro CS5.5 has a few improvements over CS5.0. Many of the improvements deal with the media encoder and provide support for more of the mobile formats -- which is good if you are making products to be seen on multiple screen formats . Other changes include an improved Mercury playback engine with support for more video cards including some laptop cards. More GPU assisted transitions and effects. And, a capability to add audio from multiple sources with timecodes and sync on the timecode.
Bob

Postby Matthew Max » Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:25 pm

Bob, that is great information! I will follow up on that. I think what Peru was saying, though, is that I might get a better upgrade price from Pre Elements 4 (and 9) to Pro. I'm ready to buy Pro, but I don't wanna pay the $600 upgrade price, since I've already bought the two unsatisfactory Elements versions.
Matthew Max
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Chuck Engels » Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:31 pm

Download and install the trial first Matthew. Premiere Pro and Premiere Elements are not that much different. There are some benefits like we have mentioned previously but still both are the same basic program internally. I would hate for you to buy it and then it isn't what you expect.

If you do end up purchasing please use the link to Adobe on our Muvipix Store page :)
That will give us a very small commission, but every little bit helps.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Matthew Max » Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:37 pm

Okay, here's what I'm going to do: I'm going to download the trial version. Then I'm going to upgrade it to the buy version. I've already evaluated what you and Bob and others on Muvipix have said, and I know I need it for the HUNDREDS of videos I make. Pro will allow me to make everything as good as it can be the first time around. I have spun wheels too often. Elements really is not so stable anyway. For the volume of work I do, I can't have that.

I'll give myself a week or so to prove that Pro is for me. I still don't intend to pay the $600, though. Adobe reminds me too much of the Microsoft merrygoround
Matthew Max
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Bob » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:34 pm

Adobe does send out email offers to upgrade from Elements to Pro for $299 if you've registered your Elements package and you agreed to email offers, but those generally come a few months prior to new releases and have a short expiration time. You're probably too late for this pass.

Do you qualify for educational editions? Educational editions are the same as the commercial package but have an educational product key and a different EULA. I understand that in some countries the educational packages cannot be used for producing commercial products. But, that is not the case in the US. The educational edition is $349 and when a new version is released that you want, you can upgrade to the regular commercial edition for the normal upgrade price in effect at that time. The educational price for the Production Premium suite is $449 which is a great deal if you also want Photoshop and/or After Effects.

If you try to purchase an older version and upgrade from that, be very careful. There are a lot of shady dealers out there selling hacked, pirated, or non-transferrable software -- none of which is upgradable.
Bob

Postby Matthew Max » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:39 pm

thanks for the advice, Bob. No, I do not qualify for the educational package.
Matthew Max
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Matthew Max » Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:07 pm

Can anyone at Muvipix tell me whether I bought Pro through you? I can't find my serial number and I KNOW I registered with Adobe. They can't find my Pro version registered with them, but their tech person did a fix on my Pro remotely years ago. They do have me registered as an Elements 4.0 and 9 user. Oh myyyy.

I'm trying to find where I bought it so I can download it for my new computer.
Matthew Max
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:17 pm

We don't sell any products other than our own, Matthew. Sorry.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby sidd finch » Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:44 am

If you login to your adobe.com account you will find the serial number there. And if available you can download the software directly from Adobe.com.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby Matthew Max » Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:47 am

It doesn't show in my account. So...I need to figure out how to find out where I bought Pro. Adobe couldn't find it under any of the possible emails I could think of.
Matthew Max
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Next

Return to Premiere Pro