They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

CS4

Premiere Pro discussions.

CS4

Postby Maxine370 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:49 am

Anyone upgrade yet? Any problems thus far. Is it great...worth the upgrade? Debating whether to do the stand alone upgrade (Premiere and Photoshop or just Premiere) or the whole Production Premium Suite upgrade. Anyone got input?
Happy Editing,

Beth
Maxine370
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: CS4

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:27 am

I have it but haven't loaded it yet. The CS4 software is here with me in the UK but my video editing PC is back in Sicily. ::C
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Re: CS4

Postby Bill Hunt » Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:23 pm

It seems to be getting good reviews. However, there are some issues with plug-ins not working correctly. Most of the 3rd party folk are at work re-coding their various plug-ins to accommodate changes in how CS4 handles them. There also seem to be a few issues with the Encore module. One problem that has bitten some is having CS3 installed, installing CS4, then removing CS3. This breaks several things, and Adobe is working to get that part straight. You can have both on your machine, but if you uninstall CS3, you need to re-install CS4. Do not know about CS2 problems, as the people reporting all had CS3.

There is a patch in the works for some of the known issues, that just could not be fixed in time to hit the release target date. The time-frame being mentioned is about Q1 2009, but it could hit earlier.

There are some changes made with what is a default setting vs CS2-CS3. Some folk are not too pleased with a few of these.

I'm waiting for just a bit, as I don't plan on doing a new machine until Q2 2009 and will also have more time to evaluate the reports from the field.

Hunt
Bill Hunt
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Return to Premiere Pro