They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

clip effect in Pro

Premiere Pro discussions.

clip effect in Pro

Postby Rockdoc » Thu May 22, 2008 10:15 pm

Ok, just got my Pro installed, and opened a project I had started in Elements. After a momentary panic that there was nothing on the timeline panel (solved by selecting Sequence 1 from the media panel), I realized that some clip on which I had used the Clip Effect to create a white border no longer had a white border. I don't see the Clip Effect available in Pro. Is it called something else, or do I need to just create a white matte and put it on a track underneath my video to get the picture border effect?

I knew I'd have questions right away. I'm glad I'm here. :)
Jennifer
Currently the owner of an embarrassingly slow system, hoping that will change!
Rockdoc
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: clip effect in Pro

Postby Bob » Thu May 22, 2008 11:17 pm

Rockdoc wrote:...I don't see the Clip Effect available in Pro. Is it called something else, or do I need to just create a white matte and put it on a track underneath my video to get the picture border effect?

The Clip Effect was removed from Premiere Pro CS3. You can certainly put a white matte underneath, but you may wish to try this: http://ppro.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ:How_do_I ... _a_clip%3F
Bob

Postby Chuck Engels » Thu May 22, 2008 11:55 pm

Very nice Bob :)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Maxine370 » Fri May 23, 2008 7:31 am

Hi Jennifer,

I panicked the same way...

you have three options...

1. crop your frame about 3 each side, add solid composite. (if you have to make an uneven crop you can crop, add solid composite, copy and paste the crop you just made and make sure it comes after solid composite and then adjust it so you can see your white border.)
ps solid composite is a great effect, once you start using you'll see

2. use camera view effect...adjust the zoom or the distance until you see the white border (this one has is limitations because once you crop it you lose it)

3. roughen edges color, this one you have to play around with but you can get all sorts or border variations. This works great becasue no matter how you crop or trim or resize it still puts the edge around all sides.

by the way, I'm buried in projects so if you have any more questions just PM me, I can get to it faster. I can post a response it to everyone but the PM will alert me if I don't check the forum as often.
Happy Editing,

Beth
Maxine370
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Rockdoc » Fri May 23, 2008 8:42 am

Thanks Beth and Bob! You guys are cool. I'm going back to play now. ;)

I think I am going to love nested sequences!
Jennifer
Currently the owner of an embarrassingly slow system, hoping that will change!
Rockdoc
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Return to Premiere Pro