They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Adobe CC Desktop App

Premiere Pro discussions.

Adobe CC Desktop App

Postby GerryB » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:36 am

Good day to you all,

I'm hoping someone here may have a solution! I have tried Adobe Support and lost the will to live when I was told to go to a particular path to find a file which was not there. I made a screen grab of the location and path and sent to Adobe only to be told "You are looking in the wrong place". I replied with the path instructions as sent and things went downhill from there!!

Anyway, my problem.
I decided that I needed to subscribe to PremPro CC and installed it on my MAC book, a bit of a chore but it worked in the end. I need to 'do' some editing away from home over the next few weeks and CS6 is a bit out of date now and I don't have the OSX version.

I then decided that I should install PremPro CC on my Win 7 desktop for compatibility reasons.
I then hit the wall of the Desktop app, it would not allow me to see the apps installed on the PC so after much digging around on Adobe web pages I finally downloaded the Adobe Desktop App uninstaller and rebooted the PC.

I then downloaded a new version of the Desktop and thought my problems would be resolved. Not a bit of it!!

I still can't see the apps installed or get the PremPro to download.
Stalemate.

I'm loath to try Adobe support again as I fear for my sanity and I know that there is always someone here with some very good advice.

Help!!

I look forward to the replies.

Gerry
GerryB
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: Adobe CC Desktop App

Postby Bob » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:35 am

Hi Gerry,

Was the file you were supposed to find "opm.db" by any chance? If so, it should be located here:

macOS: Macintosh HD/Users/[user name]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE

Windows: C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE

AppData is a hidden file in Windows, you'll need to enable viewing hidden files to see it.

I had something similar happen and the solution was to rename it and let the Desktop App create a new file and rebuild the database. The file is in use when you are signed into your Creative Cloud account and you can't rename it. You'll need to sign out of your creative cloud account first. Start the CC desktop app, click the gear icon, select preferences and then the general tab. Click the "sign out" button. Exit the desktop app by clicking the gear icon and then select "quit". You should now be able to rename the file. After the file is renamed, start the cc desktop app and sign back into your creative cloud account.

Good luck!
Bob

Re: Adobe CC Desktop App

Postby GerryB » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:36 am

Good morning Bob,

Thanks for the pointers.

One of the things the Adobe help guy gave me (before I lost the will to live) was to delete all the files in the OOBE directory as you mentioned. I did that and no luck, still failed to work.

I then found details of the Desktop removal tool and I used that and downloaded and installed the latest version of the Desktop app. That produced the dame results - failure!!

I'm now going to bite the bullet and go for:
https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html
and hope this does not destroy my PC.

Interesting thought.
Adobe now realise that they have been releasing software that can 'run wild' after installation and their standard new-install and basic app removal tool cannot properly update or remove. Hence the release of this 'killer' app to apply the nuclear option!!

Ho hum.....

Best wishes for now,

Gerry
GerryB
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Return to Premiere Pro