They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Please help! Error message "Recorder captured no frames"?

Premiere Pro discussions.

Please help! Error message "Recorder captured no frames"?

Postby yippiskippee » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:15 pm

I just put Premiere Pro CS3 on my recently purchased Dell Precision T5500 desktop (OS Windows 7 Pro). I am using, & have used CS3 for many years w/, a Canon GL1 camcorder. I am capturing DV via firewire.
I am having trouble with no scene showing in the capture window, and then when I do click record (capture duration shows all zeros) and then click to end a "recorder error" window comes up saying "Recorder captured no frames".
I see an old series of posts with a man using a laptop that didn't have a 6 pin firewire card and he was having the same isues as I am having (my understanding from the posts was he was using 4 pin to 4 pin) , I am using the standard 4 to 6 pin firwire cord. 4 pin in the camera to 6 pin for the computer. I hope someone has an idea of what I can do to fix this. :conf:

If anyone could please help me I would be so greatful!!
Thank you !
yippiskippee
New User
New User

Re: Please help! Error message "Recorder captured no frames"

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:41 am

Pending the solution to the problem, and as a workaround, you could try capturing using HDVSplit (free! I love that word :-D )

http://www.videohelp.com/software/HDVSplit
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby yippiskippee » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:07 am

Thank you John, I have seen HDVSplit mentioned but did not know if I could capture regular DV video with it, thought it might be only for HDV? or can I select what format I want to save the files as?
Thank you for the help!
yippiskippee
New User
New User

Postby sidd finch » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:49 am

when you select capture and the window pops up there are additional selections that you can make to select the kind of capture you want to make. Also do you have a setting on the camera that allows the fire wire to pass video through the cable?

On my camera I had to select DV output and then adjust the premiere settings to recognize that it was receiving DV through the firewire cable.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby Peru » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:31 pm

yippiskippee wrote:Thank you John, I have seen HDVSplit mentioned but did not know if I could capture regular DV video with it, thought it might be only for HDV?

I'm not John, but HDVSplit is for HDV only.
WinDV will capture DV:
http://windv.mourek.cz/
Peru

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:42 pm

:-D
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby yippiskippee » Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:27 pm

Sidd, I followed your advice and you were right on. in my case the camera had somehow been switched to another mode. I turned the dial an the left hand side to the green rectangle and everything worked great. I wanted to post this in-case someone else has similar trouble in the future and comes to this board.
I want to say a HUGE THANKYOU to Sidd, you made my Day! :) !!!
yippiskippee
New User
New User

Postby sidd finch » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:22 pm

Cool I am glad it worked. I have not done a DV capture for a while so I am glad my vague instructions were the bread crumbs you needed. :)

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Return to Premiere Pro