They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Help with Video Download

Premiere Pro discussions.

Help with Video Download

Postby Bubby Grub » Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:26 am

Hi Guys,
I am a complete newbie with Pro, have been using PE7 for years, but the last couple of days decided to try out Pro. First
of all I just played around with some slides just to get the feel of things, then decided to look at some video. There is where
my problems start, hopefully you guys may be able to help. My Video is Full HD MTS Files, now I played around with the settings
etc. but it doesn't matter what I pick the video comes in minus the sound. I even tried bringing in the converted files MPEG that
I had converted for PE7, and also MP4 but sound still missing. Finally I decided to convert one to HD AVI and the video and sound
came in. Can anyone help me as to what the problem with the other files can be. As I said I am a complete newbie with Pro
and need any help I can get. Thanks in advance
Just as an edit to this thread, I have made 3 Logos up in Bluff Titler exported as AVI and have used them numerous times in PE,
but if I bring them into Pro, all I get is the music, minus the pictures. Now another question where as in PE say I bring in an extra video
and say it has audio, I can insert it were I like above the actual timeline and it will make an audio track to go along with it. But with pro if I do that
it will insert the video above the actual timeline, but splits the audio down to below the timeline. Is it not possible to have an audio track
above the actual timeline.
Sorry for the numerous questions, but I really want to get a handle on this.
Thanks again for any help.

Bubby Grub :conf:
When all else fails, Hug your Teddy.
Bubby Grub
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: Help with Video Download

Postby sidd finch » Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:24 am

You might have a corrupted Media Cache Database. Try to delete it manually (in Explorer). Clearing the cache in Premiere Pro GUI will not fix it.

Regarding the multiple files on the same timeline. Manually move the video up a track and manually move the audio down a track (click and drag) then this will all be on separate tracks.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby Bob » Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:24 am

Now another question where as in PE say I bring in an extra video
and say it has audio, I can insert it were I like above the actual timeline and it will make an audio track to go along with it. But with pro if I do that
it will insert the video above the actual timeline, but splits the audio down to below the timeline. Is it not possible to have an audio track
above the actual timeline.

It's just two different conventions as to how to display the same information. Premiere Pro has always grouped the video tracks together above the center divider bar and the audio tracks below the bar. Premiere Elements used to display the tracks in the exact same way, but now groups the video and audio tracks for a clip together in consecutive tracks. Either way, the audio and video for a given clip is still linked together by default. It's just one of those things you will need to get used to.

My personal preference is for the Premiere Pro convention. That's probably because that's what I learned first. But, it's also because I do a lot of edits with multiple video tracks with titles and stills and the Premiere Elements convention ends up with a lot of empty audio tracks from the titles and stills interspersed with the video and that makes it more difficult to see what i'm doing. I find it annoying.

I'm not sure what's going on with the audio or video that's not playing. That's normally an incompatible or missing codec issue, but I wouldn't expect that with those clips. Curious.
Bob

Postby Bubby Grub » Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:43 pm

Hi Guys,

Bob I do see your point there about the tracks, I to am use to working with numerous tracks, and yes there are a lot of empty audio
tracks mixed in amongst them, probably something I have become use to so doesn't worry me to much. Pro being different, yes just
something I will have to get use to.
Basically my major problem is the video and why it is happening, will just have to keep working at it, and see what I come up with.
Curious thing is if I put the same video into PE7 even though 7 may not like MTS files over much it all comes in with voice and video no problems,
and of course my Bluff Titler things work like a dream. Thanks BG :conf:
Bubby Grub
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Bob » Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:02 pm

Which version of Premiere Pro do you have?
Bob

Postby Bubby Grub » Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:20 pm

Hi Bob,

I have Premier Pro 6, I have been playing around with it all morning, if I convert them to Mov say they work like a dream, including even if I
convert the Bluff Titler ones. Just to try it out, I even took the MTS file into Photoshop CS6 still missing the sound, but doing the same exercise
with Bluff Titler that works fine. I have even download GSpot and brought in the MTS File but to be truthful I do not have a clue what it means.
Here is a screen shot can you explain what that all means. Any Help greatly appreciated. Thanks Bubby Grub :conf:
GSpot.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bubby Grub
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Briantho » Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:38 am

there are a lot of empty audio tracks mixed in amongst them, probably something I have become use to so doesn't worry me to much

In case you didn't know, if you want to get rid of them then "Sequence", "Delete Tracks...". That'll clean things up.
24" iMac. 17" MBP. FCPX and a little bit of Premiere Pro. Nine recent Panasonic HD camcorders. Many (but never enough) terabytes of external storage...
Briantho
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Bubby Grub » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:51 pm

Hi Guys,
I do not understand to much about codecs etc, so before I do anything thought I would like to check
with you guys, that these would be ok to use. Basically I am still playing around with Premier Pro, trying
to find out why my MTS files come in just with the video and no sound, and my Bluff Titler comes in with sound and no video.
I have even tried these files out in CS5 and that will play the MTS file fine, but still does not want to play the Bluff Titler.
Just for the exercise I took the MTS files into AE video came in no sound, but just to change things around Bluff Titler shows came in
with video and this time no sound. Did the same exercise in PS6 MTS file came in, again picture but no sound, but Bluff Titler in this instance
worked fine. Have been looking around and have come up with these two Codec Packs, thought I would try it, figure I have nothing to loose,
but just want to make sure I am not going to do something to wrong, as my virus protector says it could harm my computer, have scanned for virus,
fine there. - Codec Pack - "K-Lite Codec Pack Full" - Softonic Downloader for codec-pack-all
Thanks for any help Bubby Grub ::C
Bubby Grub
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Bob » Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:49 pm

GSpot is not able to give you the codec information for mts files. I would like to see what MediaInfo has to say about this file. You can get it free here: http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/en Watch out for offers to install toolbars or other software -- they aren't needed, feel free to say no.

I have not had any problem importing MTS files in Premiere Pro CS6. I don't have Bluff Titler. Do you have a small sample of each that I could download and try?

I would recommend holding off on installing K-Lite until we know more about what's going on.

After Effects is not an NLE and doesn't handle audio the same way. If you want to preview audio with video, you need to do a ram preview and wait for the rendering pass to complete before it will play. Make sure nothing is muted. The waveform is not displayed by default. If you want to see it, you need to twirl open the clip properties in the timeline and open the waveform property.
Bob

Postby Bubby Grub » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:48 am

Hi Bob,
Here are two screen captures from media/info that you suggested I download, one is the MTS File, and the other Bluff Titler.
I do have a small sample of a MTS file I can load, plus Bluff Titler. This does really have me completely confused so any help
is greatly appreciated. Thanks BG
MTS.PNG

/attachment]
Bluff.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bubby Grub
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Return to Premiere Pro