They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Adobe Application Manager Error

Premiere Pro discussions.

Adobe Application Manager Error

Postby momoffduty » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:29 am

I installed the Adobe Application Manager along with Pr Pro & AE CS6 last December. I also had PS CS5 installed previously. The Application Manager worked for a few months to get updates on the programs.

Now, a notification pops up that there is an installation waiting for the AAM. It downloads the 'installer' and then I get an error "Administrative privileges are required to continue with the installation".

Did a google search and read a few posts on the Adobe forum, but appears that is for the cloud or for downloading trial products.

Help please. Thanks.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Re: Adobe Application Manager Error

Postby Bob » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:43 pm

The Adobe Application Manager is used to both install and update the applications that are included in the Creative Cloud offering. It doesn't matter whether you have a Creative Cloud subscription or not. You still use it to update your installed CS6 applications. Even when you check for updates from within an installed application, the Application Manager is run in the background to check for and/or install updates.

How it operates depends on whether or not you have a Creative Cloud subscription. The Application Manager has two options on the left column, "All" and "Updates". If you select "Updates", it will give you a list of updates for just your installed applications. If you select "All", you will get a list of all the Creative Cloud applications and whether installed apps are up to date or have updates, or whether the application can be installed. If you have a subscription, you can install any of the applications that are part of the subscription. If you do not have a subscription, you can still install the applications, but they will be installed as trials.

It sounds like you had an update for the Application Manager that required authorization to install. That's probably normal. I don't recall having to do that for mine, but I could have and forgot about it. I did notice a problem yesterday when it hung waiting for something. But, it's working today. Probably was an issue with Adobe's servers.
Bob

Postby momoffduty » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:41 pm

Bob wrote:It sounds like you had an update for the Application Manager that required authorization to install. That's probably normal. I don't recall having to do that for mine, but I could have and forgot about it. I did notice a problem yesterday when it hung waiting for something. But, it's working today. Probably was an issue with Adobe's servers.

Yes, it kept getting hung up on the AAM update. I couldn't open up the AAM without it starting to download the update immediately, so I took a shot in the dark and right clicked the desk top icon and chose "Run as Administrator". That did the trick. I did search the Adobe forum and there were threads that didn't exactly apply to me and links to several steps which I was uncomfortable doing. Techie, but not that techie.

Thanks Bob for all of the info, much appreciated. :-D
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby Kevin Monahan » Wed May 01, 2013 5:58 pm

Glad you were able to solve your issue!
Kevin Monahan
Sr. Content and Community Lead
Adobe After Effects, Premiere Pro, & Media Encoder
Adobe Systems, Inc.
San Francisco, CA
Kevin Monahan
New User
New User

Postby momoffduty » Thu May 02, 2013 9:36 am

Kevin Monahan wrote:Glad you were able to solve your issue!

Thanks Kevin! I am happy that it was an easy fix.
aka Cheryl
momoffduty

Postby momoffduty » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:05 pm

Problems with the Adobe Application Manager again. I've tried running it as Administrator and tried with the firewall disabled. Still no luck. I get this error message:

We've encountered the following issues:
The remote server is not responding in a proper manner. Please retry after a few minutes.
aka Cheryl
momoffduty

Postby Bob » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:37 pm

Did you apply the latest updates? Recently there was an update that replaced Application Manager. It's now called Creative Cloud, but it works similarly. Maybe the server protocol changed also. I just ran Creative Cloud this morning and there were updates to the extension manager component of several of my CS6 applications, so the server is working.

Try running update from the Help menu item in one of your CS6 applications.
Bob

Postby momoffduty » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:14 pm

From the help in PS CS5 I did the update to the Application Manager. I then tried to open the Application Manager and got the same message. Looked at its properties and said last change was April. Looked in the Program files and do not see Creative Cloud.

I have:
PS CS5
PrPro CS6
AE CS6
aka Cheryl
momoffduty

Postby Bob » Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:11 am

Does it do the same thing if you update from within Premiere Pro CS6 or AE CS6?
Bob

Postby momoffduty » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:29 am

When I tried PrPro & AE updates I got the message that all of my applications are up to date.
aka Cheryl
momoffduty

Postby Bob » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:46 pm

I have no idea what's going on with your installation of the Adobe Application Manager, unfortunately.

I have the Production Premium CS5 and CS6 suites installed. If I update from within any of the suite applications using help>update, I get an update window titled Adobe Application Manager, I can click on preferences and chose the applications to update -- the applications from both suites are listed and enabled. It appears to be the same Application Manager regardless of whether I was in CS5 or CS6. If I start the Creative Cloud standalone application that replaced the standalone Application Manager, all the applications from both suites are listed. I can update using either method. Perhaps on my system the Application Manager standalone application was replaced because I have the suite and not the individual products.
Bob

Postby momoffduty » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:50 am

Thanks Bob, was thinking on the same lines of Suite vs individual programs. When I go to Help>Updates, an Adobe Application Manage box does appear. It doesn't quite look the same as the other one.
aka Cheryl
momoffduty

Return to Premiere Pro