They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

droid bionic, razr to premiere cs6 to YouTube.

Premiere Pro discussions.

droid bionic, razr to premiere cs6 to YouTube.

Postby RossOlsen » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:47 am

I'm looking for the best way to do this:
I record my daughter's basketball games, sons stock car races and some other things with work.Usually in 720 or 1080.

I edit it in Adobe premiere cs6 in its original state (sequence) then when it comes time to save it and or encode it for YouTube I am lost.I would like to encode it once.

So my question is what is recommended to:
1 save a file that I might burn to Blu-ray
2 best file format for archiving(so I can delete the other files)
3 upload to YouTube to share with family
4 I think h.264 Blu-ray.
But not Sure if the encoding time is worth the trouble orif there is alot off loss.
Thank you in advance couldn't find an answer for this situation.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
RossOlsen
New User
New User

Re: droid bionic, razr to premiere cs6 to YouTube.

Postby momoffduty » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:19 am

Hi Ross & Welcome to Muvipix!

Saving, burning & web file are 3 different file formats.

To Burn to Blu-ray disc:
Select your sequence & File>Export>Media
This will take you to the Media Encoder. For the File Format Select the Blu-Ray option and the encoder will match up to your project settings. Save this file for Encore. I set up an Encore folder inside my Project folder that also has all the media & PrPro folder. Use Encore for to burn your project with a menu, etc.

To Export a file for YouTube:
Select your sequence & File>Export>Media.
In the Media Encoder select h.264 for the Format. Under Presets: scroll all the way down and choose a YouTube preset that fits your project. (I use Vimeo and their max file size is 1280 on the longest, so I use 720p...you can upload a 1080p but they resize it.)
Here is the YouTube info on files sizes:
http://support.google.com/youtube/bin/a ... &ctx=topic

To Archive your media:
I do not have any experience in this area. Maybe someone else will weigh in. I did find a tutorial on Creative Cow for Archiving:
http://library.creativecow.net/devis_an ... asics_41/1

Happy Burning :-D
Cheryl
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby Bob » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:32 pm

Archiving normally refers to storing the original source and the project files. Premiere even includes an archiving function to assist in gathering up the files and copying them to another location for storage. Archiving in this way allows you to tweak or re-edit the project later without quality loss. It sounds like you don't want to be able to re-edit from the original source in the future but want to save a high quality export of the final project instead. That's fine. The format will depend on what you intend to do with it. But, if you are exporting a high quality H.264 file for use in a Blu-Ray disc, you can certainly use that as your archive master.

The Adobe Media Encoder has the ability to exporting multiple formats at the same time which will save you time over exporting separately. Exporting consists of two steps: Rendering and Encoding. Rendering is where the effects and edits are applied and multiple layers are composited together into a final image. Encoding is the compression to the required codec. When you use Media Encoder to export multiple formats, the rendering is done only once saving you time overall.

Here are three tutorials on using the Media Encoder for outputing multiple formats. It's worth watching all three.
Media Encoder Part 1
Media Encoder Part 2
Media Encoder Part 3
Bob

Postby RossOlsen » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:50 pm

Thank You Thank You Thank You I didn't know you could save the projects as an archive that would be terrific way better than my original plan.
I will definitely watch those tutorials to find out about archiving and double and coding

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
RossOlsen
New User
New User

Postby Bob » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:42 pm

Here's a tutorial specifically about the archive function.

Archiving your projects
Bob

Return to Premiere Pro