They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

how to determine exactly the ending place of scrolled title

Premiere Pro discussions.

how to determine exactly the ending place of scrolled title

Postby MGadAllah » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:51 pm

Hello,
Please I've a little problem.
I am adding a title to my clip and I set it to be scrolled with no issues.
The problem that the titled is scrolled from the early bottom to the highest top which means that it is started from the far bottom of the screen till the end of the top of the screen.
How can I make is stop or end at the middle of the screen?
i.e. suppose that the screen is 10 inches and the title is scrolled from 1st inch in the bottom till the 10th inch in the top.
How can i make it stop at inch 5th?
Thanks
Just learning!
Mohamed GadAllah
MGadAllah
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: how to determine exactly the ending place of scrolled ti

Postby Bob » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:37 pm

Don't use the roll options in the title. It isn't designed to work that way.

Instead, keyframe the title manually on the timeline. When you create a new title, you can specify the dimensions of the title. What you want to do is create a title that is high enough to contain all the title lines without going outside the boundary of the title. You won't be able to see lines outside the boundary. Add the text lines to the title but do not use the roll or crawl options. Place the title on the timeline. With the current time indicator at the beginning of the title, enable keyframing of the position property and adjust the "y" position to where the scroll will begin. Move the current time indicator to the end of the title and adjust the "y" postion to where the scroll will end and set a keyframe. The duration of the title will control the scrolling speed. Make it longer to slow down or shorter to speed up -- if you change the length, be sure to move the keyframe too.
Bob

Postby MGadAllah » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:17 am

title.png

You mean in this page?
or

this screen?

keyframe.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Just learning!
Mohamed GadAllah
MGadAllah
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Bob » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:04 am

Create a tall title. The height will depend on how big the text is and how many lines of text there are:

title_new.JPG

Add the text lines to the title:
title_panel.jpg

Add the keyframes in the Effect Controls Panel:
title_keyframes.JPG

You'll probably want to add the keyframe slightly before the end to allow the text to be still for a moment.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bob

Postby Briantho » Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:48 am

Here's an alternative approach - it's great to have alternatives! I believe that holding the last part of the title on the screen before the title goes away is what the Roll/Crawl Options box is all about.

Create a Default Roll Title.

In Roll/Crawl Options click on Start Off Screen (Preroll will disable) and enter the following values: Ease-In: 0, Ease-Out: 50 and Postroll: 100

Leave End Off Screen unticked

Make a few space lines before and after that last block you want to have stay on the screen so that it fits in the middle.

Your titles (as long as you like) will start off screen and then they will roll and roll until that last block appears and slows down - the Ease-Out value. That will stay on the screen for the Postroll value duration. I sometimes use a fadeout transition to the title: if there is an abrupt ending to music I make the title clear normally but with slow music I make the last block disappear gently with a fadeout.

The above values are what I use 99% of the time but you might wish to experiment.
24" iMac. 17" MBP. FCPX and a little bit of Premiere Pro. Nine recent Panasonic HD camcorders. Many (but never enough) terabytes of external storage...
Briantho
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Bob » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:52 pm

If you want to use Brian's alternative approach, be sure to create the title the same size as the video frame and add sufficient blank lines to position the last line close to where you want it on the screen. If you are not comfortable with keyframing, this is definitely the easiest way to do it although it is not as precise.

When I want precise control, I'll keyframe it.
Bob

Return to Premiere Pro