They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Pr Trial Version

Premiere Pro discussions.

Pr Trial Version

Postby borgie » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:02 pm

Hi
I have been using Prel10 and now on the verge of deciding to jump up a few notches to Premiere Pro. I have a couple of questions, please:
1. Could someone please recommend a good beginners book (something on the lines of Steve's books, which I reckon are better than excellent)?
2. I think that Adobe says that Encore is not available in the trial version. I can't find it, anyway. And it is obvious why this is. So does this mean that, unless I buy, there is no way that I can produce and watch a final product for quality comparison?
Thanks
Borgie
PC: Dell Alienware 51 R2, 32GB Quad Channel DDR4, 256GB SSD
Op System: Win8.1 x64
Camcorder: Sony HDR PJ 760VE
Profession: Hobbyist
borgie

Re: Pr Trial Version

Postby momoffduty » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:31 pm

Back when I got CS3, I purchased the PrPro CS3 Bible. I don't see any current versions. I highly recommend the tuts at Lynda.com. A month is about $29 which is less than a cost of a book.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby Bob » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:57 pm

Thats the problem, there are few books that are current. The only one I know for sure is the Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 Classroom in a Book.

Would you consider a video course? There are some excellant video courses on Premiere Pro CS6. The ones on Lynda.com are good, but there are also good free courses available. Take a look at the Premiere Pro CS6 tutorials by Andrew Devis over on the Creative Cow site. Andrew Devis also has a set of Encore CS5 Tutorials. Those will be fine for learning Encore basics.

You are correct that the trial does not allow Encore. It is downloaded and installed with Premiere Pro CS6, but you can't use it until the trial is converted to a purchased license. As far as quality goes, Encore is a professional level authoring application -- a side by side quality comparison of the final product with another authoring program isn't really going to tell you anything. You're going to be constrained to the DVD or Blu-Ray specifications and given the same source, menu structure, and data rate, the discs will operate and display pretty much the same. That doesn't mean all authoring applications are the same. They vary a lot in what features of the specification are available and what authoring capabilities are present. The first versions of Encore were a bit stodgy, but the current version is excellent. Should you not like how it operates, you can always use a standalone authoring package such as DVD Architect Studio. It just won't be integrated and support dynamic linking.
Bob

Postby borgie » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:27 pm

Thanks Cheryl and Bob. Very helpful, and at this stage, for me, encouraging. I think I'll put the order in and start watching video tutorials.
Borgie
PC: Dell Alienware 51 R2, 32GB Quad Channel DDR4, 256GB SSD
Op System: Win8.1 x64
Camcorder: Sony HDR PJ 760VE
Profession: Hobbyist
borgie

Return to Premiere Pro