They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

How to add video transitions to +500 images at once?

Premiere Pro discussions.

How to add video transitions to +500 images at once?

Postby MGadAllah » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:04 pm

Hello,
I've about 520 images that I'd like to make a short clip for them all into a short clip.
  • Does there is any way I can apply the video transitions to them all at once instead of go one by one?
  • Also can I set various or random video transitions or I should choose first?
  • Also can I set duration for each image to be 2 seconds instead of 5 seconds each? and can I set this duration at once for all of them?
Using Adobe Premiere Pro CS6.
Thanks a lot
Untitled.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Just learning!
Mohamed GadAllah
MGadAllah
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: How to add video transitions to +500 images at once?

Postby Peru » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:12 pm

I use CS5.5, but I think it is the same. I'm not at my editing computer, so I will not be able to give specific directions. I'm sure somebody else will expand on this.

MGadAllah wrote:Hello,
I've about 520 images that I'd like to make a short clip for them all into a short clip.
  • Does there is any way I can apply the video transitions to them all at once instead of go one by one?
    Change the default transition to the one you want to use. I think if you highlight all of the clips and right click there will be an option to apply the default transition to all clips.
  • Also can I set various or random video transitions or I should choose first?
    No.
  • Also can I set duration for each image to be 2 seconds instead of 5 seconds each? and can I set this duration at once for all of them?
Before puting the clips in the timeline and applying transitions, Edit > Preferences > General and you can change the default length of the images and transitions.

Using Adobe Premiere Pro CS6.
Peru

Postby Bob » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:20 pm

Before you place images on the timeline, set the preferences for your default still duration and your transition duration. The value is in frames. If your frame rate is 30 fps, set the still duration to 60 frames to get a 2 second duration. Select the stills you want to add to the timeline and either click the "automate to sequence" button or, by menu, Project > Automate to sequence. Make sure the transition box is checked. You can also set the duration of the transition by setting the clip overlap value. Click OK and the stills will be applied to the timeline with the transition applied.
Bob

Postby MGadAllah » Mon May 27, 2013 3:32 am

Bob wrote:Before you place images on the timeline, set the preferences for your default still duration and your transition duration. The value is in frames. If your frame rate is 30 fps, set the still duration to 60 frames to get a 2 second duration. Select the stills you want to add to the timeline and either click the "automate to sequence" button or, by menu, Project > Automate to sequence. Make sure the transition box is checked. You can also set the duration of the transition by setting the clip overlap value. Click OK and the stills will be applied to the timeline with the transition applied.

I am honestly for sorry for the late reply.
I've needed the same thing once again and I remember that I've asked here so I came back and found that I did not posted a thank you.
Thanks a lot.

Please another thing ... what is the default values for this screen because I've changed it and I do not remember the original values.
Just learning!
Mohamed GadAllah
MGadAllah
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Bob » Mon May 27, 2013 3:45 am

Thanks,

The values shown are all defaults except the Still Image Default Duration. You have 300 frames, the default is 150 frames.
Bob

Postby MGadAllah » Mon May 27, 2013 4:23 am

Bob wrote:Thanks,

The values shown are all defaults except the Still Image Default Duration. You have 300 frames, the default is 150 frames.

Thanks a lot for the fast reply.
I've created a .psd file with many layers, then I am importing the .psd file into premiere with individual layers as a sequence.
Then I apply the automate to sequence to the bin I've just already imported.
Now how can I make each layer duration set to 5 seconds?
Just learning!
Mohamed GadAllah
MGadAllah
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Bob » Mon May 27, 2013 3:11 pm

You need to set the Still Image Default Duration before you import the psd.
Bob

Postby MGadAllah » Tue May 28, 2013 3:20 am

Bob wrote:You need to set the Still Image Default Duration before you import the psd.

Done, Thanks :)
Just learning!
Mohamed GadAllah
MGadAllah
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Return to Premiere Pro