They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Encore CS4 Won't Run

Premiere Pro discussions.

Encore CS4 Won't Run

Postby VernonRobinson » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:21 am

I had to rebuild my laptop and reinstalled CS4. Premiere Pro opened fine. I am on the road and went to open Encore to learn more. But all that happens is that I get the hour glass for a second and then nothing. I do not have the dvds to do a reinstall here. I tried running as Administrator, no luck. The program has never been run since the reinstall a month ago.

Thanks,
-Vernon
VernonRobinson
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Encore CS4 Won't Run

Postby Peru » Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:17 pm

Peru

Postby VernonRobinson » Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:44 pm

Peru,
Thanks for the response. The updates were not current. I downloaded the updates for all of the components of the CS4 Master Collection. Still the same result. It looks like it starts but crashes before it put up the splash screen. Premiere Pro seems to start up ok. But trying to send it to Encore via Dynamic Link also fails. Looks like I might have to reinstall when I return home.

-Vernon
VernonRobinson
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Chuck Engels » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:07 am

Does it always crash before the splash screen comes up? Does it show anything on the screen at all before it crashes?
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby VernonRobinson » Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:21 pm

If i just start normally. Iwill get a spinning mouse cursor then nothing. If I start with admin privileges. Iget the UAC gonna make a change message. Then nothing. If I look in the program stack it loads the encore exe. Tjen it disappears. Never a splash screen.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
VernonRobinson
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby VernonRobinson » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:20 pm

Just to close this out for others. I put the original program disk back in and did a repair of Encore. It looked more like a full reinstall. But afterwards, Encore started to load properly. But then it gave me the error Media Offline. I then applied the latest patches for the program. It said the patches were applied. But I still received the Media Offline error. It was only after a system reboot did it then recognize the Mpeg2 file.

Encore is now up and running. I have created a menu. Added an alternate soundtrack, and started to do some work on captioning. The program is really powerful. Now the question is DVD Architect or Encore? Decisions....Decisions...

-Vernon
VernonRobinson
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Return to Premiere Pro