They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Encore Transcode problem

Premiere Pro discussions.

Encore Transcode problem

Postby thhult » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:47 pm

Hi,
I have a project carried over from Premier Pro to Encore. One Main menu and three submenus. Each submenu has tree or four chapters. When I test prewiew in Encore all seems ok.
I build an DVD-Image and the process start with transcoding in about 2 hours and stop with FAILURE.
Encore_problem.
jpg

Does anyone have any suggestions to cause what's the problem ?

Regards
Thomas
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
thhult
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: Encore Transcode problem

Postby Bob » Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:04 pm

The DVD-Video format has a 1 GB limitation on menu space. Check Project is telling you that you exceeded that limit.

Usually this happens when you are using video and or audio in motion menus. Are you using motion menus? The sum total of the video and audio used in all your menus needs to be under 1GB. One thing you should be aware of is that the video and audio in motion menus should be separate. If you use a video with embedded audio and specify that as the source for both the video and audio, the file will be loaded twice. Once for the video and once for the audio. It will work if the resulting total menu space is below 1GB, but, if you use a lot of motion menus it could result in going over the 1GB limit and the encode will fail.
Bob

Postby thhult » Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:10 am

Thanks Bob for your information. It was new to me.
I change the motion background on each of the four menues to a still background and the error message of menu size limit disappeared.

Have you or anyone else what could be the cause of the other problems of "Trims and / or chapters Adjusted"?
Regards
Thomas
thhult
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:01 am

The problem probably lies in the GOP for the file source files, where the chapter markers were slightly out of alignment by a few frames on a video clip (.mpg or similar). Try burning to a re-writable DVD (select the 'Ignore' option in the Build pop-up box).

What does the finished DVD look like?
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby Bob » Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:09 am

The "Trims and / or chapters Adjusted" message is a warning. Chapter markers and trims have to be placed at a "GOP" boundary. This message is telling you that it wasn't at a "GOP" boundary and the position was moved to one.

"GOP" stands for "Groups Of Pictures" and refers to a feature of MPEG compression. The first frame of a "GOP", called an "i" frame, is a complete video frame. This is followed by a number of delta frames which are not complete frames but instead contain differences from the previous frame. The initial i frame and the following delta frames make up the "GOP". You can ignore the message and accept the position that Encore selected (often that's acceptable), or you can move the marker to the start of a "GOP" which you feel is more appropriate. Here's a tip: In Encore, you can locate the start of a "GOP" by holding the alt key down while clicking the frame advance/reverse buttons -- it moves by "GOP"s.

If your source is avi, which is equivalent to all i frames, and let Encore transcode to mpeg-2 for the dvd, Encore can honor the chapter markers.
Bob

Postby thhult » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:38 am

Thanks Bob and John,
I have burned my project and everything has gone well.
I've learned a lot with your help. Thanks again.

What would I do if Muvipix did not exist.
Regards
Thomas
thhult
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Return to Premiere Pro