They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Problems with Encore CS5

Premiere Pro discussions.

Problems with Encore CS5

Postby Clayton » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:37 am

I just recently went through 2 books on Premeire Pro ( Classrom in a book and Digital Classroom). Both were very helpful, each teaching me something different. Problem was when I came to the lesson about sending a sequence to Encore, I encountered all kinds of problems. First noticable problem was using the pick whip. The whip did not originate at the button but in the middle of the source monitor and would not work. The were several other instances of dialog boxes coming up and no selection would work, Encore would just freeze and I would have to use task manager to exit. Overall the were so many bugs I could not complete any exercises. My question is since it appears Encore is buggy and is part of Pro should I try to reinstall the software? I dont think I can just reinstall Pro but since I have the production premium suite I will have to reinstal everything Does anyone know for sure what I have to do?
Clayton
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: Problems with Encore CS5

Postby Briantho » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:54 am

That's a shame but I'm not sure I can help too much as I'm using a Mac and after fifteen+ good sized projects it's only crashed once. At that time I think I had too many apps open including iTunes, PPro, Safari, XP under VMWare and all sorts of apps running under Windows.

For the Pick Whip I think you need to have the Selection tool selected - top left hand corner, yes? I didn't realise that to start off with but now I find it very straightforward to work with and I'm creating projects with multiple sub menus with hardly a problem. Let's hope it starts behaving itself for you!

There are some great video tutorials freely available but you knew that....?
24" iMac. 17" MBP. FCPX and a little bit of Premiere Pro. Nine recent Panasonic HD camcorders. Many (but never enough) terabytes of external storage...
Briantho
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Clayton » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:15 am

The selection too was used.
Clayton
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Clayton » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:32 pm

Problem solved by adobe tech. He took control of my computer and changed something in windows. Sorry, I could barely understand him so not sure what he did, but bottom line it now works :tup:
Clayton
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Kevin Monahan » Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:31 pm

Clayton wrote:Problem solved by adobe tech. He took control of my computer and changed something in windows. Sorry, I could barely understand him so not sure what he did, but bottom line it now works :tup:

Glad tech support worked for you!
Kevin Monahan
Sr. Content and Community Lead
Adobe After Effects, Premiere Pro, & Media Encoder
Adobe Systems, Inc.
San Francisco, CA
Kevin Monahan
New User
New User

Return to Premiere Pro