They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

How to move the CTI ?

Premiere Pro discussions.

Re: How to move the CTI ?

Postby Briantho » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:29 am

Kevin Monahan wrote:...
In Premiere Pro CS5 and CS5.5, there is a FCP keyboard shortcuts set. More info on that here: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/premierepro ... 01506FBDDa

That is a great facility and for many certainly facilitates the transition.

Personally (and having been programming commercially since 1967) I always try to 'bite the bullet' and go along with whatever the software defaults happen to be. In my experience customizing usually takes a lot more time (both in the first instance and every time it has to be repeated after reinstalls, software magically loses customizations, switching to another machine temporarily, etc) than you can ever reap in return. Usually those defaults are there for good reasons based on the working experience of the community involved and paddling with your own unique and familiar paddle might seem OK to start with but suddenly you realize you're going upstream and it's getting harder and harder because you're different and things no longer fit smoothly together. One day someone on a forum says "just press Ctrl+Alt+Cmd+Shift+5+F14+?" to achieve your objective you have to remember you customized everything and doing it your way is going to result in an industrial injury...

Anyway, my Swiss-French keyboard has enough challenges in itself when it comes to shortcuts! :-D
24" iMac. 17" MBP. FCPX and a little bit of Premiere Pro. Nine recent Panasonic HD camcorders. Many (but never enough) terabytes of external storage...
Briantho
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Kevin Monahan » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:07 pm

I also try to learn the shortcuts. However, in Premiere Pro many keyboard shortcuts are not set so I usually replace them with a FCP shortcut (if one exists). I'd say that my keyboard is a hybrid of Premiere Pro native shortcuts mixed with FCP shortcuts. Kind of funky, but works for me.
Kevin Monahan
Sr. Content and Community Lead
Adobe After Effects, Premiere Pro, & Media Encoder
Adobe Systems, Inc.
San Francisco, CA
Kevin Monahan
New User
New User

Postby Kevin Monahan » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:11 pm

Chuck Engels wrote:As Kevin said earlier, that was a long time ago. Now Final Cut has made major changes so I doubt the underlying structure of the program is still similar to Premiere. It was a long time ago that the programmers working on Premiere went to Apple to start Final Cut, those were the original versions long ago.

Actually, they went from Macromedia to Apple. There still a few alumni that have worked on Key Grip at Macromedia, & then FCP and FCPX at Apple.
Kevin Monahan
Sr. Content and Community Lead
Adobe After Effects, Premiere Pro, & Media Encoder
Adobe Systems, Inc.
San Francisco, CA
Kevin Monahan
New User
New User

Previous

Return to Premiere Pro