They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Encode Failed and Out of Memory Errors

Premiere Pro discussions.

Encode Failed and Out of Memory Errors

Postby VernonRobinson » Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:01 pm

I am facing two new problems. The first is the item below. This is my first attempt to make a DVD from inside Encore. The timelines seem to play without incident, but does not want to encode. Any ideas?

20111031_Encode Failure.png

The second issue is the Out of Memory message I am receiving. It does not seem to crash the application, but I do save and restart. I am using Win7 Ultimate, 64 Bits with 8 Gig of ram. Any idea what may be going on here?

Thanks,
-Vernon

20111031_OutOfMemory.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
VernonRobinson
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Encode Failed and Out of Memory Errors

Postby VernonRobinson » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:17 am

I am scratching my head. I tried to transcode each asset one at a time. Each clip is less than 2 minutes. One succeeded, then the next one would fail. After trying each one several times, they all seem to transcode and Encore proceeded to build the disc without incident. I have no idea why it took multiple tries on each clip before it would transcode successfully. I thought it might be a memory error, but looking at Windows Task Manager, Encore never took up more than 1.2 Gig and the physical ram was at approximately 45%.

I have my first disc with menus built. I will now allow the system to update from Version 4.0 to 4.2.1 and see if it will be more stable than the last time. I am still looking for ideas?

Thanks,
-Vernon
VernonRobinson
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:45 am

Re the 'encode error.' Could it have been caused by the (infamous?) tiny gap in the timeline problem.

Such helpful and informative error messages aren't they? :???:
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby VernonRobinson » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:24 am

John, I was able to get the issue transcoded without changing the gap or spacing? It is acting just plain weird?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
VernonRobinson
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Return to Premiere Pro